Black Hat Cozumel experiences please

addictaftermagic

Have been in contact with Crenscensio regarding hiring him as a driver in Cozumel. Interested in using him for the day...anyone use him? Looking for confirmation that he will take us where we want to go... Not just what he recommends. Thanks in advance....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

We used him last April. He was great. We didnt have too much of an idea about what we wanted to do so he did make some suggestions for us. Once we actually got going, he told us if we saw anywhere we wanted to stop just to let him know and we would stop. We had our three year old and six month old with us and he was very helpful with them. My three year old was full of questions and loves to talk and he answered all his questions and if we weren't readily available to hold his hand or help him somewhere, Crenscensio was there. He was also great about suggesting photo opportunities and taking the pictures for us so we could all be in it. He came prepared with a cooler full of drinks, some sodas for us and some juices for the kids. Great experience all around. Charged just what he quoted us. We wouldn't hesitate to use him again!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I do enjoy private tours and the attention you get! We are really wanting to spend the day on the east side of the island. Would you mind sharing where you guys visited. We will have two 16 year old girls with us. Any pics by chance! Thanks so much for responding!

• 4 weeks later...

We spent the day with Cresencio last year and would not hesitate recommending him. First we asked him to take us to McDonalds, because we we were so tire of NCL food. That was our first experience with a Mexican drive thru. We have been to Cozumel many times and have done a lot of things. We asked him to show us some of the actual city of San Miquel, where locals live and work. We saw residential areas, the hospital, government buildings, etc. He took us to a small ceynote in town where a local volunteer gave us a tour, explaining and pointing out local plant and wildlife. After that we went to the San Gervase ruins, which while not as beautiful or complete as Tulum, were still nice. It was pleasant walking thru the jungle between the ruin sites. After that we went to Coconuts on the east side where we invited him to join us for lunch. We enjoyed learning about his family and life in Cozumel. After that we continued on around the east side, stopping at a couple of places for photos and or shopping. He gave my son pointers on bartering with the vendors that really paid off. At the end of the tour we had him drop us off at the Mega Super Store for a little shopping. He will have a cooler of bottled water, so you will not worry about being thirsty. You will enjoy your day with him. You can find him on Facebook under Black Hat Cozumel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are confirmed to spend the day with Cresencio. I just need to decide what all we want to do. Thanks so much for sharing your day and experience with him. We are looking forward to Coz again. Now if August would just hurry!

• 3 weeks later...
We are using him basically as a designated driver for the East side.

Going on May 7th. I can relate our experience when we return if you'd like.

Michael

That would be great.... Sounds like you have the same plan as us!

Ok, just got back.

Cresencio was at the back (towards street) of the cab area in Cozumel at the appointed time. We just asked a couple of the guys directing cruise passengers to the cab lines and they pointed us in the right direction.

We walked across the street to get into his van cab.

We really just wanted to hang out on the East side of the island and hit the beach bars and use Crescencio as a designated driver.

whoops gotta go. Finish this later........

Edited by mdrobtx

Ok to continue.

After boarding the van Crescencio had stocked it with ice cold water and he asked where we wanted to go? He also had suggestions but was adamant that we could do whatever we wanted.

We decided before going over to the East side we'd take in a tequila tasting tour. After about a 10 minute drive, we arrive at what...I hesitate to call it a tourist trap, but a place set up for tourists.

It had a gift shop entrance and then out back was a path with stations. At each station there was a presentation. How the Mayans made chocolate, tortillas, dress....etc. It was actually very interesting. The tour guide was very articulate and knowledgeable. They try to get you to take pics with men dressed as Mayan warriors for a small tip.

The final area was stations on each process in the tequila making sequence and then a tasting. The tasting was fun and interesting. Then the try to sell you very overpriced mixers and tequila. I'm mean EXPENSIVE. But there was no pressure to buy and we didn't buy anything.

They also took a group pic and tried to sell it to us for $10. We we declined and were headed to the cab, they offered it to us for $5.

This whole thing took 40 min. We were all glad we did it because we learned some interesting things and it was free.

After that we headed to the East side and over the next 3 hours beach bar hopped all the way back to the cruise ship. Crescencio answered questions all day and let us go and stay as long as we wanted at each place.

We ended up staying 4 hours with him for $180. There were 6 of us so it was a good price to have a designated driver.

Michael......

Thanks for the review! He mentioned the tequila tour... Not sure will do that... Mainly interested in a little shopping and the east side. We've done the east side but not at our leisure! Which bars did y'all visit?

We visited Punta Morena, Coconuts and one other. And then went to the bar at Paradise beach to see some friends. But you have plenty of time to hit them all. We just hung out at Coconuts for awhile since we've been to all the rest many times before.

After years of going to Paradise beach, we won't be going back. Too crowded and a really, really sorry $8.50 pina colada in a small plastic cup. Price gouging the heck out of cruise passengers on drinks.

Ever since Tom left and started running the Cozumel Bar Hop bus excursion, Paradise Beach has become extremely greedy.

We went there about a year and a half ago. I believe this was Punto Moreno

Thanks. I do enjoy private tours and the attention you get! We are really wanting to spend the day on the east side of the island. Would you mind sharing where you guys visited. We will have two 16 year old girls with us. Any pics by chance! Thanks so much for responding!

SANY2251.jpg

screengrab

SANY2249.jpg

image hosting over 10mb

SANY2247.jpg

upload a gif

Edited by TXSAIL

• 3 months later...

Hi we booked his services during our March 2014 cruise so we could go on the other side of the island. He was great..stopped where we wanted, made some suggestions, was very helpful getting up the steps to Coconuts (or was it down..lol) and was a perfect gentleman the entire time. I have already booked him again for our trip in March 2015 to hit some of the places we didnt have time during this last time. He got us back to the ship with time to spare. I highly recommend him!! Hope this helps.

Black Hat was great! He was right where we agreed on and took us exactly where we asked. Would recommended him without hesitation! We wanted to get wifi before leaving the island and he dropped us at a shopping area across from the pier and we just walked back. He is on fb and that's how we communicated prior to arriving.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We used him in 2014 and will be using him again in November. He was great! Everything that everyone has posted is 100% right on. We knew where we wanted to go, El Mirador etc. and he took us with no pressure to do anything else. You won't be disappointed!