Cycling Tour in Visby on Marina

Aliasamy

I rarely do ship tours but as we are in port for only the afternoon in Visby this August, I thought I would have a look at what the Marina was offering. They have a cycling tour which takes in a few sights and stops for afternoon tea. Is approximately nine miles. Has anyone done this tour and if so - what was the verdict?

Thanks

Visby is quite bikeable...truly a wonderful place. Unless you are feeling the "need" to work off some of your caloric intake, if your time/visit is short this port is in my view a cruise highlight. Lots of quality shopping, activities, and yes food...do both if time allows....

Visby is quite bikeable...truly a wonderful place. Unless you are feeling the "need" to work off some of your caloric intake, if your time/visit is short this port is in my view a cruise highlight. Lots of quality shopping, activities, and yes food...do both if time allows....

Thanks for that. I love to cycle but if its a walkable town, given our time restrictions, I might take your advice.:)

I loved Visby - full of interesting church ruins, plus shops, a nice park near the port, etc. It's small, too, which is the kind of place I like to visit on a cruise. Consider yourself lucky - not many cruises go there! I loved it. I just walked around. See pictures on http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/baltic_cruise_&page=all and more here: http://www.pbase.com/roothy123/baltic_treasures__more&page=all

In each case, Visby section is in the middle, I think.

Edited by roothy123

Are you going to Riga on your cruise? If so, you might want to check out the art nouveau buildings there. (See photos on same link I gave you.) The magnitude of them was pretty amazing. The area is within walking distance of where we docked, so I think worth it to go. Of course, I don't know if where we docked is the only docking area Riga has, so yours might be different. If you're interested in seeing the blue and white house at 10b Elizabetes, let me know and I'll provide directions to it. The street numbering in the older section of Riga was confusing to me.

Are you going to Riga on your cruise? If so, you might want to check out the art nouveau buildings there. (See photos on same link I gave you.) The magnitude of them was pretty amazing. The area is within walking distance of where we docked, so I think worth it to go. Of course, I don't know if where we docked is the only docking area Riga has, so yours might be different. If you're interested in seeing the blue and white house at 10b Elizabetes, let me know and I'll provide directions to it. The street numbering in the older section of Riga was confusing to me.

Thank you so much for your beautiful photos. It looks amazing. I have never been to this part of the world and very much looking forward to this cruise. Unfortunately we do not go to Riga. Thanks again.:)