See What Happens To Your Luggage?

hvsteve1

So, who out there got to watch that plane making an uscheduled landing in Boston due to an unruly passenger? I watched some of the endless coverage when the networks weren't sure what the story would be. At one point, all the luggage was offloaded onto carts which were hauled to an area of the tarmac to be spread out for inspection. Did you see how the guys grabbed those suitcases and tossed them through the air? :eek: After a few minutes of watching the bouncing bags, I had no doupt that I do not want to pack anything the least bit fragile in less than the most solid bag I can find.

Unless one has metal luggage, even the hard sided kind can be destroyed by the airlines. One of our pieces of International Travelor was totally busted this winter by AA. The saving grace was that the luggage took the blow rather than the stuff inside.

Having traveled for business off and on for 15 years, I actually grow a little fond of my "beat up" luggage and carrying cases.

One served me so well I actually had a hard time getting rid of it, and at the very last minute, on the way to the trash bin, I turned it around and made it into a "emergency preparedness" suitcase, (recommended by FEMA) that I keep in the garage in the event I only had 20 minutes to vacate my house.

My wife saw it on the garage shelf and gave me crap about it. "Couldn't get rid of it, could you!"

Archived