glass bottom boat suggestions

Lisa&Neb

we are a group of 4 who are going to be in Roatan in March. We are looking to book privatly. 2 (maybe 4) of us want to do the glass bottom boat thing, then we all want to do beach/drinks/eat/snorkle. Does anyone have a suggestion for a location/provider?

With or without shuttle... anything. We do not want to do the $89/pp when we are finding GBB for $20/pp then cab and drinks and food...

So any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

We did the semi-submersible, which is essentially a glass bottomed boat except you are looking out through underwater windows to your left and right instead below your feet, as I picture a glass bottomed boat being.

It was great. The reefs are beautiful and they feed the fish so all the colorful tropical fish swim right up next to the boat. The tour featured a marine biologist to explain what everything was.

It seemed like it ended way too soon. Maybe a half hour, but it went be very fast. I think it is $20 a person if you did it on your own. Here is the web site.

http://www.roatancoralreefexplorer.com/

Cab fare to get there might be significant though. I seem to remember reading $35 to $40. We did it on a ship tour, so I can't say for sure.

I know there was another thread on it that had a link to a website with the prices, but since the search function is down I can't find it now. It's right across the street from Foster's Resort on West Bay Beach. There is also some shopping there as well, and a nice bar out in the water on stilts a little way down from Fosters.

We went to Foster's last week. I saw the glass bottom boat but didn't ride it. My husband hired a boat and driver from them to go snorkeling for thirty-five dollars per person, for two hours. He and the kids enjoyed it a lot. I stayed on the beach with another daughter. It is really beautiful and wasn't crowded at all.

Archived