west bay info

lourichards

I am interested in visiting west bay--4 of us

i will be in roatan next week

how far is west bay from the cruise port (i will be on NCL)

and whats the best way to get there

and wheres the best place for drinks,beach and lunch

thanks for any info

have a great day

lou

I am interested in visiting west bay--4 of us

i will be in roatan next week

how far is west bay from the cruise port (i will be on NCL)

and whats the best way to get there

and wheres the best place for drinks,beach and lunch

thanks for any info

have a great day

lou

You really need to search this forum. There are a number of spots people like to go down at the West End and West Bay: Mayan Princess (limit on day visitors), Fosters, Half Moon Bay, EcoRoatan(Bannarama), all with restaurants and good beaches. You can also just walk around West end Village and look at the little shops and stop at Celeste's for baleadas.

But to get there you'll have to take a taxi. Most taxis are charging $20pp from Coxen Hole to West Bay, one way on crusie days. But you can negotiate. Others here have posted their taxi experiences.

We just got back from Roatan, and LOVED West Bay. We took a private Victor Bodden Island tour, got to see what we wanted of this beautiful island, then had our driver Hector take us to West Bay. He took us to Fosters, which is at the opposite end of the beach from Tabyana, where the cruise ship tours go. We could see the crowds down there. It was $5 to get into Fosters, but that included a drink. We didn't stay in front of Fosters, but walked down the beach to Henry Morgan's resort. They let us use their chairs there, not sure why. It was absolutely gorgeous there and not nearly as crowded as I thought it might be with three ships in port. Water and trees and sand were spectacular, and there was a very cosmopolitan make up of visitors there.

We thought that the $40 each we paid for a private tour was the best way to get to West Bay, have someone stay and wait for us, and also get a private tour of the island, all in one. Taxis vary tremendously in cost and reliability. Bodden's tours seemed extremely professional, and our driver was top notch. That's what I would recommend in the way of getting to West Bay, and also of seeing the island, which is something you should not miss and wouldn't see on a straight taxi ride. For four people, it is $25 each, which is no more than the cost of a simple taxi ride, and such a wonderful full day for all!

Archived