Mahon - Menorca

Can anyone advise what the shopping opportunities are like in Mahon ?

I was hoping to purchase some cigarettes and some Menorcan sandals (which I think are called varca shoes) ????

If possible, are there a selection of shops within walking distance of the port ?

Thanking you in advance :)

It is a number of years since I was there but I do remember the beautiful shops that were very close to where we docked.

We don't usually go in for shopping on holiday but enjoyed looking around the shops in Mahon.

I am sure you won't have any problems finding what you are looking for.

Many Thanks for your quick reply, fingers crossed things have not changed. I know what you mean about 'shopping on holidays' ...... but its our last stop, really wanted the Menorcan sandals which I regretted not purchasing on my last visit there,, and my doggy sitter enjoys her cigarettes :rolleyes:

Thank you

Can anyone advise what the shopping opportunities are like in Mahon ?

I was hoping to purchase some cigarettes and some Menorcan sandals (which I think are called varca shoes) ????

If possible, are there a selection of shops within walking distance of the port ?

Thanking you in advance :)

Just walk up the flights of steps immediately opposite where the ship docks and bear left: you are then in the main shopping centre of Mahon.

LOTS of shoe shops, all selling the typical Menorcan sandals - price 2 weeks ago was 16-18 Euros a pair in most shops.

Good indoor market - just as you walk through the main entrance there are shops on your left with an excellent shoe shop 2 or 3 doors in.

Several Tabacs for cigarette buying - prices are state controlled so the same whichever branch you go in.

There are also shops along the seafront itself but these are dearer and not as much choice.

Edited by campolady