Boston-Montreal

I haven't been on the Maasdam itinerary, but have done similar on Eurodam. I think the stops we share are Quebec City, Charlottetown, and Boston. Quebec City is beautiful to just walk around, it is a block from the ship. In Charlottetown, we found that renting a car was very affordable and was the best option to see everything (would have needed 3 HAL tours to do the same). We did a big circle that took in a fee small fishing towns, Anne of Green Gables, the Confederation Bridge etc. Boston we took a water taxi to the start of the freedom trail and followed it back to Quincy Market, then just walked around, lots to explore.

• 1 month later...

I enjoyed the following last month....Maasdam Montreal to Boston....

Quebec City: walking tour with tea at the Chateau, ghost tour

Charlottetown: Anne of Green Gables & Island tour

Sydney: Louisbourg Fortress

Halifax: Highland Experience at Citadel, Maritime Museum

Bar Harbor: Acadia National Park

Boston: a city bus tour

• 1 month later...
I enjoyed the following last month....Maasdam Montreal to Boston....

Quebec City: walking tour with tea at the Chateau, ghost tour

Charlottetown: Anne of Green Gables & Island tour

Sydney: Louisbourg Fortress

Halifax: Highland Experience at Citadel, Maritime Museum

Bar Harbor: Acadia National Park

Boston: a city bus tour

We will be taking the same cruise next year.Several years ago we did Canada New England on RCCL Explorer.In Halifax We did the Combo Peggy's Cove and Hop On Hop Off bus.Could have used more time.

We did a walking tour in am and Oli's Trolley(booked at the dock)Bar Harbor.We still had lots of time to sample Lobster Rolls and Bluberry Ale as well as shop.We were dissapointed that we could not find many soviniers to buy that were not made in China

We will be taking the same cruise next year.Several years ago we did Canada New England on RCCL Explorer.In Halifax We did the Combo Peggy's Cove and Hop On Hop Off bus.Could have used more time.

We did a walking tour in am and Oli's Trolley(booked at the dock)Bar Harbor.We still had lots of time to sample Lobster Rolls and Bluberry Ale as well as shop.We were dissapointed that we could not find many soviniers to buy that were not made in China

I know what you mean.

I never seem to have enough time in Halifax. On various cruises I encountered ports which necessitate a ship excursion. Halifax is *not* like that. My favorite Halifax adventures have been on foot.

Buying a souvenir "made in China" sort of negates the reason for buying a souvenir to start with. I collect and display shot glasses from around the world...most made in China.

Enjoy your cruise next year.

Archived