Turtle Farm, Hell & Seven Mile Beach

traveller236

Hello,

We're thinking of booking the Turtle Farm "Adventure Farm" online rather than a tour through the cruise line, so we can spend a little more time there. After, we want to also go to Hell and then to Seven Mile beach on our own. How are the taxis, local bus? We'll be in the Cayman Islands from 7 am to 4 pm. Is this doable? Also, does anyone know if our payment to the Turtle Farm is refundable in case the tender is cancelled due to bad weather?

Thanks!!

Hello,

We're thinking of booking the Turtle Farm "Adventure Farm" online rather than a tour through the cruise line, so we can spend a little more time there. After, we want to also go to Hell and then to Seven Mile beach on our own. How are the taxis, local bus? We'll be in the Cayman Islands from 7 am to 4 pm. Is this doable? Also, does anyone know if our payment to the Turtle Farm is refundable in case the tender is cancelled due to bad weather?

Thanks!!

Hell is only a 15 minute stop, nothing to do but take a few photos of the signs, go inside gift shop. I wouldn't plan a tour around it.

We did Hell and Turtle farm in combo with Stingray city and had a great time. The turtle farm is about 30-60 minutes worth of things to see and do. I know some tours snorkel in a pond with some turtles but that wasn't part of our tour. It was cool, however, to hold some of the baby turtles. The Stingray city was by far the best thing about our tour (we also stopped at a rum factory).

I did a tour last year that included the turtle farm & Hell. The turtle farm was neat but I'm a big fan of turtles. I liked that you could hold the small turtles. They also had some gigantic turtles that you could watch swim that were pretty cool & an area with some neat birds I hadn't seen before. There's an area where you can swim with the turtles & I was planning on doing that but the water looked gross to me so I ended up not doing it. The stop at Hell is short & everyone is trying to buy & mail postcards to get them stamped that they're mailed from Hell. The rock formations are pretty neat but once you've seen them that's it there's nothing else to do. Also, I was about eaten to alive by mosquitos there so don't forget the bug spray!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hell is only a 15 minute stop, nothing to do but take a few photos of the signs, go inside gift shop. I wouldn't plan a tour around it.

We did Hell and Turtle farm in combo with Stingray city and had a great time. The turtle farm is about 30-60 minutes worth of things to see and do. I know some tours snorkel in a pond with some turtles but that wasn't part of our tour. It was cool, however, to hold some of the baby turtles. The Stingray city was by far the best thing about our tour (we also stopped at a rum factory).

Did you do your tour through the ship or a different company? We are going in December and trying to figure out what to do.