How easy would it be to walk to some of the sights in Dublin?

gregandamy

We plan on taking the Princess shuttle into Dublin which I think drops people off near Trinity College. We want to make it an easy day and would just like to see a couple of sights and have a little lunch at a pub. We do not want to do the HOHO bus.

Is it easy to walk the streets in Dublin? We want to walk from Trinity College to St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Castle maybe do a little shopping and stop at a pub. Anybody know the distance between these places and if this is something that we could easily do?

Thanks!

Yes, Trinity College is centrally located and there are many, many pubs in that area. You can easily walk around and I think this is a very good idea. It is a great way to soak in local flavor. And face it, Dublin's claim to fame is Guiness. You should try a pint!

Super easy to walk to many sights--downtown Dublin is a compact city. I would recommend getting a good foldable map before you leave on your cruise. One place I would say not to miss near Trinity College is the National Museum of Ireland--amazing archeology and history etc When I was last there ten years ago the museum was free-check their website. Other suggestions include Bewley's for tea, Leo Burdock's for amazing Fish and Chips, near the Castle Also, just walk up/down Grafton street, thru St Stephen's Green Just wear good walking shoes and a purse that goes crossbody.

Have a great time--I can't wait until my return visit this summer:)

I was Dublin two weeks ago and it is very walkable. All the pubs around the Temple Bar area have a great atmosphere and some have live music even in the daytime. Be prepared that it is very expensive in Dublin though! The museum, as mentioned, is absolutely excellent and is still free. Have fun!

we took the shuttle that lets you off near Trinity this summer. We had several maps and I still managed to get us lost, but never for long and never without having any fun. We were actully trying to go to Dublinia - a small, boutique museum in Dublin. WE got there - eventually ;) and back to Trinity easily.

One thing about the maps - which is why I kept getting us lost - the ones we had (and I had 3 or 4 different Dublin maps) the streets that were on the maps had no corresponding road signs and the streets with road signs weren't on the maps and, if they were, they would make a sharp turn and disappear ;) . So, I realized what I needed to do was pick out churches and other landmarks, which were on the maps and we couldn't miss and we never had a problem from there.

Archived