Any complaints about suite 830 next to patio grill?

EeezyCruiser

We are longtime Seabourn cruisers but we are stumped on this one. We've been assigned a V6 cabin on the pool deck, deck 8, just inside from the Sky Bar. Great if we were sunbathers, which we are not. But our big concern is that our cabin wall is adjoins the patio grill galley, which could mean it will be very noisy at times.

This is a big worry because it is a long cruise from Barcelona to Cape Town, 39 days. I also seem to recall that the interior corridor leading from the sky bar can be very smoky.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin and can comment? i've seen many posts referring to the noise from the pool deck heard from the cabins below on deck seven but nothing about any noise on deck eight.

We would really appreciate your feedback.

Hi, we stayed in 830 on the Sojourn this August and never heard any noise from the patio grill. There is a crew staircase in between the suite and the door leading out to the patio grill area. We found the location to be perfect for nipping back to the suite from wherever we were on the ship, and would gladly stay in 830 again. I hope this eases any worries you may have and enjoy your cruise.

Earlier this year we were upgraded to 827. If you refer to an earlier thread re: upgrades you will see my previous comments.

We were very disappointed with the disturbances from the staff doors opposite this suite. Not shown on the deck plan is a staff lift, and the exit to the corridors is through this door. From very early on we were continually disturbed by staff members just letting this door slam shut. We did report it, but to no avail.