Good area to stay in Buenos Aires

Budget Queen

I have never stayed here, but do have a cruise leaving from there coming up in December. I have done some touring there, but only once a few years agos, and don't know the areas.

I am looking for a "central" tourist area that will be easy to get around by foot for meals with a few services available like a grocery stop, ease of some touring like a HOHO bus perhaps. Most important accessible, as my husband is wheelchair dependent and SAFE. :)

Can someone point me in a direction that will offer this? Also favorite lodgings are also appreciated. We are Days Inn, Super 8, La Quinta type travelers, don't prefer the top cost hotels. Thanks for any suggestions.

I have never stayed here, but do have a cruise leaving from there coming up in December. I have done some touring there, but only once a few years agos, and don't know the areas.

I am looking for a "central" tourist area that will be easy to get around by foot for meals with a few services available like a grocery stop, ease of some touring like a HOHO bus perhaps. Most important accessible, as my husband is wheelchair dependent and SAFE. :)

Can someone point me in a direction that will offer this? Also favorite lodgings are also appreciated. We are Days Inn, Super 8, La Quinta type travelers, don't prefer the top cost hotels. Thanks for any suggestions.

You raised the same question on Trip Advisor four or five days ago. You might want to check back there for answers to your question. The brief version, if you are staying several days, choose one of the hotel options in Recoleta, pay in pesos, and trade your dollars for pesos on the blue market exchange rather than using a credit card or paying in dollars. Total cost to you for a clean, basic hotel using this method will be less than a Days Inn

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312741-i979-k7856829-Hotel_recommendation_for_cruise-Buenos_Aires_Capital_Federal_District.html

Edited by dr__dawggy