What to do in Brest?

sassy12

You might also ask on the Oceania board...they had a ship there in June. I was originally booked for that cruise and tried to figure out a DIY way to Quimper, which looked interesting...but had trouble making public transportation work. I had to cancel that cruise and booked another, but someone that was on it might give you some ideas.

Foe me the best attraction in Brest is Oceanopolis - a fantastic 'museum' of all things marine. Well worth an entire day.But if you go to the website of the Office de Tourisme Brest, you will find many suggestions for things to do. It's in French, but click the UK flag icon at the top right to get the English version

Oceanopolis is probably your best bet - there's not a great deal to do in the town. There used to be a bus which picked up at the port and did a tour round stopping/picking up at various points - this was provided by the town but I believe this may have stopped. Not a great deal in Brest but a little bit of sightseeing and some nice shops. The aquarium is very good however so may be worth a thought. Either that or a ships excursion.