Pride of America Deck Preferences

hondo1717

Hello My Friends,

I have a question... We are trying to decide on a Penthouse stateroom on the Pride of America. They are on either deck 11 or deck 10. Deck 11 is 11518 (SG) and deck 10 is 10516 (SE). Neither one of them are under anything but cabins, so that is not a concern. The main question is which deck is the most preferable one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by hondo1717
adding ship

Hello My Friends,

I have a question... We are trying to decide on a Penthouse stateroom on the Pride of America. They are on either deck 11 or deck 10. Deck 11 is 11518 (SG) and deck 10 is 10516 (SE). Neither one of them are under anything but cabins, so that is not a concern. The main question is which deck is the most preferable one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Are any of those room categories open on 12? I'd pick 12 port side - very quiet location.

I agree! Deck 12 is very private and with an elevator bank that few know about and a very private entrance to the deck.

Are any of those room categories open on 12? I'd pick 12 port side - very quiet location.

Thanks for the reply. However, I heard that Deck 12 staterooms are near the Key West Bar & Grill thus hearing noise from that location. That, plus the rooms are close to the entrance or that area, resulting in not much privacy...

Thanks for the reply. However, I heard that Deck 12 staterooms are near the Key West Bar & Grill thus hearing noise from that location. That, plus the rooms are close to the entrance or that area, resulting in not much privacy...

Not sure where you are hearing that info. We were on POA for 10 days and were on 12 port side and it was always quiet. They are right by Key West bar but through one very heavy door. When we went there wasn't any sound heard in that elevator lobby area just past the door that separates the bar area from the staterooms. Deck 12 was like library quiet.

Also, when you enter the lobby area you have to jog left to get into the hallway to the rooms. There was one poster on our sailing who was very particular about pretty much everything NCL an they had the first room in the hallway and I don't recall her ever making mention of noise. If you are worried I'd move down a few rooms.

The issue I have with 10 or 11 is when we did a room tour we did go to a room very close to were you are looking and an extended family had several of the interior rooms and they were going from room to room making a bunch of noise.

• 7 months later...