Complimentary drinks served in atrium on formal night?

cruisefamilyforever

Yes, it happens on the Captain's Gala night. There are 2 time slots, each lasting about 45 minutes. The drinks are a rum punch, and 2 others with alcohol as well as a virgin punch. One with alcohol is in a tall glass with a lime slice on top if that helps. There is a large amount of ice in the drinks.

While the 2 slots are hypothetically one for each dining time, there is nothing preventing you from attending both. The hardest part is often catching a bar person with anything left on his tray! Sometimes not too difficult, other times almost impossible.

Thanks moki'smommy. Your knowledge and detail are incredible! My goal is to snag two drinks after our early dinner. I'll let you know if I pull it off. I plan on writing a detailed review after our May cruise. I should have written one for our cruise on the Dream back in 2012, but I wasn't active on the boards then.

The receptions are before the dinner hours....so snagging after main seating means you'll be getting there 30-45 minutes before late seating begins. You don't have to talk to the officers or anything to get a drink. Just find a server with stuff on his tray. Hint--often deck 4 is easier to catch them. By the time they make their way to deck 3, the beverages have been handed out!

As always, the exact times are noted in the Navigator.

Another time for "free" alcohol is SOMETIMES at the DVC sales pitch meetings. Most of the time in the past it was coffee, tea, and cookies but in September there were an assortment of alcoholic beverages served. This is NOT the "member celebration" that I'm referring to, it is the sales information meetings that are open to anyone.

OH, first time on the Fantasy....check out the Palo bathrooms. No, I'm not kidding.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thanks for the clarifications for the drinks moki'smommy.

Also, I had to smile when you and bear3412 made the bathroom comments, because that is one of the first things I tell someone about that hasn't been on a Disney Cruise. I've stayed at five star hotels on my travels and what I saw on the Disney Dream impressed me. I make a point to explore every area on the ship that I'm permitted to go. I'm amazed by the décor and design!

Disney touches just can't be beat!

Edited by cruisefamilyforever

Yes' date=' it happens on the Captain's Gala night. There are 2 time slots, each lasting about 45 minutes. The drinks are a rum punch, and 2 others with alcohol as well as a virgin punch. One with alcohol is in a tall glass with a lime slice on top if that helps. There is a large amount of ice in the drinks...[/quote']

Just to add there is also a light beer and a house white wine.

Edited by GoochDSA

Do I remember correctly that these complimentary drink receptions are only held on cruises of 7 nights or longer?

Correct, because there is no formal/semi-formal night on the 3 or 4 night cruises. Sorry, I'm not sure what happens on the occasional 5 or 6 night cruise that sometimes gets worked into the schedule....but definitely no reception on 3 or 4 nights.

Correct' date=' because there is no formal/semi-formal night on the 3 or 4 night cruises. Sorry, I'm not sure what happens on the occasional 5 or 6 night cruise that sometimes gets worked into the schedule....but definitely no reception on 3 or 4 nights.[/quote']

OK, thanks. :)

I have sailed one 5 night cruise on the Wonder, and there wasn't such a reception. But there was one during each of my two cruises on the Magic (one 7 nights and one 8 nights).

I was wondering if that was the norm.

OK, thanks. :)

I have sailed one 5 night cruise on the Wonder, and there wasn't such a reception. But there was one during each of my two cruises on the Magic (one 7 nights and one 8 nights).

I was wondering if that was the norm.

Each 7 night cruise I've done has had one of these reception nights. 12-15 night cruises have had 2.

Sorry, I've done 3,4,7,12, 14, but not the "in betweens." Definitely 3 and 4, no reception. 7 night, one reception, MY sailing of 12 and multiple sailings of 14 nights had 2.

I have seen the designation of whether there are 2 formal and 1 semi or the reverse (2 semi and 1 formal) sometimes change on the long cruises. Frankly, it doesn't matter to me--our dress is about the same whether formal or semi. If one dress is a little fancier, I use that on formal. Long time ago, DD used to do a ball gown on formal. Now she'd rather use her luggage weight for other things.