Renting A Car

candydane

We'll be in port on Saturday April 11 from 8am to 5pm.

We are planning to rent a car. We want to drive to Saint-Pierre (one end of island) and then to Musee de la Pagerie (other end of island).

Is this drive doable in the time we have?

If not, can someone recommend which end of the island we should see?

We'll be in port on Saturday April 11 from 8am to 5pm.

We are planning to rent a car. We want to drive to Saint-Pierre (one end of island) and then to Musee de la Pagerie (other end of island).

Is this drive doable in the time we have?

If not, can someone recommend which end of the island we should see?

Time is all relevant...to the conditions of the day. If you are in port from 8am-11pm, I would say YES. But, you are there for 9 hours, which equals 8 hours in all actuality and take off another 30 min to get/drop off car. Can it be done? Probably, but it would be a rushed day in my humble opinion. St Pierre is to the north as you said and 'can' be driven from F-de-F in 30-45 minutes with no or minimal traffic leaving the city. Outside of the city, the traffic lessens for most of the island. Is it possible to spend a little time in St Pierre and then head all the way south? Again, yes, but you would be very rushed. The roads are good, but they are not all highways as you would think in the U.S. or Canada etc. The drive along the coast is VERY nice though. Personally, I would do one or the other and not rush to both, but also depends on how long you spend in St. Pierre. If you rush yourself there, you can drive south to spend a 'little' time there... Take your time, pick 1-2 or 3 places on the same side of the island or something that is already on the way to another and enjoy without being rushed...

• 3 weeks later...

No, we decided it wasn't worth the hassle of getting to the airport, renting a car, finding our way around, then returning the car and getting back to the ship in time.

Good luck - beautiful island.

• 2 months later...

We'll be in port on Tuesday from 8am to 5pm

I'd like to rent a car and drive to Les Salines beach in Sainte-Anne.

I'd like to stay at the beach for 2-3 hours and don't know if I can be back at the terminal at 3:30-4pm.

I am also afraid of car renting scams, like they charge you for scratches or oil leak that you didn't do.

I found that Enterprise has the office nearby the cruising terminal. Has anyone rented from them ?

17 RUE REDOUTE DE MATOUBA

FORT DE FRANCE 97200

It looks like their collision damage waiver has 1100 euro deductible. Can you buy it with $0 deductible?

COLLISION DAMAGE WAIVER AND THEFT WAIVER LIMITS THE CUSTOMER'S FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS, DAMAGE OR THEFT OF THE RENTAL VEHICLE. THE MAXIMUM EXCESS THAT IS PAYABLE IN THE EVENT OF ONE OF THESE INCIDENTS IS 1100 EURO
Edited by paul17