Fort Hamilton & BUEI via mobility scooter

Parker1

After searching this, the HAL and disabled forums, as well as emailing the Bermuda tourism Board to no avail, does anyone know if there are curb cuts going from where Veendam docks in Hamilton to either place? I may just have to take a walk when we dock to check it out. We look forward to our first trip to Bermuda, just two weeks away.

In giving some thought to the Fort Hamilton part of your question, I suspect the answer is also going to be "no". Even if there are curb cuts (and I don't know the answer to that) getting to Fort Hamilton involves walking up a very steep hill...steep enough that I would question whether the incline would be within the capabilities of a mobility scooter. I also suspect there are parts of the fort itself that wouldn't be accessible.

I don't know how I missed the responses to my initial post, but thank you for posting the links and for the info you provided on Fort Hamilton. I knew it wouldn't be completely accessible once we got there, but that hill could be a problem. We have arranged a private tour with an accessible van so do have the option to alter the tour route.