Enterprise Car Rental Pickup - Pier by Queen Mary

Hello,

We will be on a Princess Cruise in October, and will be docking the pier normally used by Carnival, by the Queen Mary (not the usual Princess pier in San Pedro).

I'd like to rent a car for the day and like the idea of Enterprise Rental's pick up service. Looking online I see the nearest office is located at: 438 W Ocean Blvd Long Beach, CA 90802.

Has anyone had Enterprise pick them up from this pier? If so, how was your experience, and how did you describe the location when you made your online booking?

Are there any other options I should consider? I want to explore some old haunts from when I lived in the area, so public transit would not be a good option.

Thanks for any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this question?

Hello,

We will be on a Princess Cruise in October, and will be docking the pier normally used by Carnival, by the Queen Mary (not the usual Princess pier in San Pedro).

I'd like to rent a car for the day and like the idea of Enterprise Rental's pick up service. Looking online I see the nearest office is located at: 438 W Ocean Blvd Long Beach, CA 90802.

Has anyone had Enterprise pick them up from this pier? If so, how was your experience, and how did you describe the location when you made your online booking?

Are there any other options I should consider? I want to explore some old haunts from when I lived in the area, so public transit would not be a good option.

Thanks for any ideas.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering about this too.

It seems there is another enterprise location at 235 W 6TH ST

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731-3315 which looks to be just a 15 min. walk from the World Cruise Center terminal in San Pedro. I'm wondering if it will be easier to walk there, than to coordinate a pick-up.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Looking at the map (and having worked there many years ago), it seems that it should be walkable from the World Cruise Center (located on the top right of the attached map), to the location on 235 West 6th Street (shown as "Point A") on the attached.

Walking directions on Google maps says this is 0.8 of a mile.

I'm wondering about this too.

SAN PEDRO, CA 90731-3315 which looks to be just a 15 min. walk from the World Cruise Center terminal in San Pedro. I'm wondering if it will be easier to walk there, than to coordinate a pick-up.

Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

980385392_SanPedro.jpg.7e1332f2264439dda14647ac7d5aeb6c.jpg

Thanks!

Looking at the map (and having worked there many years ago), it seems that it should be walkable from the World Cruise Center (located on the top right of the attached map), to the location on 235 West 6th Street (shown as "Point A") on the attached.

Walking directions on Google maps says this is 0.8 of a mile.

Long Beach is about 8 miles from San Pedro. Your cruise will dock in Long Beach, next to the Queen Mary, not at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.

It seems that when Princess stops in LA for the day, they will dock in Long Beach, but for beginning or end of cruise, Princess docks in San Pedro.

You might want to call Enterprise's Long Beach office and confirm they will pick up.

Edited by Rosefloater

Long Beach is about 8 miles from San Pedro. Your cruise will dock in Long Beach, next to the Queen Mary, not at the World Cruise Center in San Pedro.

It seems that when Princess stops in LA for the day, they will dock in Long Beach, but for beginning or end of cruise, Princess docks in San Pedro.

You might want to call Enterprise's Long Beach office and confirm they will pick up.

Rosefloater,

Good point.... Thanks. I was assuming that JojoFace's cruise will be docking in San Pedro. I know mine (Princess) will be docking by the Queen Mary in Long Beach, so yes - the Long Enterprise office would be the closest for me.

JoJoFace - Can you tell us which pier your ship will be docking at?

• 4 weeks later...

We used them for our Carnival cruise in 2011 and they were wonderful. On the front end of the cruise, we rented in LA and dropped it at the LB office. After we turned our in the car, they drove us directly to the pier to catch our cruise.

On the back end, they picked us up at the port and drove us back to their office to complete the paperwork for another weekend rental.

We're considering another Carnival/Mexico cruise in February and would definitely use them again.

~ Sheryl

We used them for our Carnival cruise in 2011 and they were wonderful. On the front end of the cruise, we rented in LA and dropped it at the LB office. After we turned our in the car, they drove us directly to the pier to catch our cruise.

On the back end, they picked us up at the port and drove us back to their office to complete the paperwork for another weekend rental.

We're considering another Carnival/Mexico cruise in February and would definitely use them again.

~ Sheryl

Thanks Sheryl,

You've answered my basic question, which was whether or not they would know where the cruise pier is to pick you up from. Did you have to specify anything specific for the pick up location when you filled out the online form for your second rental?