Single lady late thirties to travel Princess with family in December

NewCruiseLady

Hi Everybody:

I'll be taking my first cruise ever with my extended family (dad, brother) and my own kids (they are 15 & 22) - over Christmas week with Princess. I know nothing about cruising, much less about doing so over the holidays. I'm wondering what the likelihood is of my meeting or encourntering any single men in my age bracket or above, considering this time of year. I know it's not the same as taking a singles cruise. Nor is it the same as travelling as a single solo. More like a semi-single on a non-singles cruise.

Has anybody cruised over Christmas and should I expect only to find mobs of kids? Any suggestions for meeting quality single gentleman when all the guys in my family are off during the day doing their own thing? Their interests are very different from mine. I imagine we'll be eating at night together, but otherwise I'll be on my own a bit. I work at home and don't get out to meet eligible men very often, so this may be a fun time for me.

I've never cruised during a holiday week but can pass along some suggestions I've read here... Read the sticky post at the top of this sub-forum on how to meet other singles on your cruise, find the roll call for your cruise, introduce yourself there, and get yourself on the list for the meet & greet and go to the meet & greet on board. Good luck and have fun.

In addition to blue dots, we should have dots for singles on board... yellow dots for 'single, not looking' and green dots for 'single and looking' :p

• 3 months later...

Dear miss newcruiselady

I have been on many holiday cruises alone with my daughter as a single dad just mingle have fun !! That's what cruises are for just smile a lot and really try to have fun we are on the New Years cruise on carnival

Michaels

Archived