port in Suva

TeanneTX

We're on RCCL EOS and arrive in Suva Fiji on Sunday Oct. 22. Anyone know the name of the dock that we port in? I'm trying to figure out the directions from the port to the Centenary Methodist Church so we can attend services on sunday morning.

Teanne

• 2 weeks later...

Suva is an industrial port and you dock close to town. Taxis are available outside the port gate (very short walk). People are very friendly and will be glad to help you. There is a heavy Hindu and Islamic presence in the culture. Make sure you have the specific address of your church.

Suva is an industrial port and you dock close to town. Taxis are available outside the port gate (very short walk). People are very friendly and will be glad to help you. There is a heavy Hindu and Islamic presence in the culture. Make sure you have the specific address of your church.

Thanks for the info. I do have the address of the church and even a google map walking route. Any idea about the taxi costs to the rainforest hiking park?

Teanne

We're on RCCL EOS and arrive in Suva Fiji on Sunday Oct. 22. Anyone know the name of the dock that we port in? I'm trying to figure out the directions from the port to the Centenary Methodist Church so we can attend services on sunday morning.

Teanne

Hi Teanne, you will dock at Kings Wharf.

Google maps tell me that the Centenary Methodist Church is a 9 minute flat walk from the wharf.

Enjoy your day in Suva, it should be a quieter day there on a Sunday, although I am sure the tourist stores will be open and the touts and taxi's still available.

Only certain tourist operators are allowed inside the port gates now, more are outside the gates as well.