Cabin 2328 on Carnival Splendor

Coragirl

We just booked our first cruise... for July of next year (2016). My husband and I are taking our daughter who will be 18 and have just graduated high school.

We are in Ocean View cabin 2328 on Splendor. This is below the Black Pearl Restaurant. My Carnival travel planner suggested we go under the galley for more quiet, but having read about noise from the galley on threads, I chose not to follow that advice. How noisy will this be under the restaurant? Would it be better to be on the Riviera deck rather than take the "upgrade" to deck 2?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

• 2 weeks later...
We just booked our first cruise... for July of next year (2016). My husband and I are taking our daughter who will be 18 and have just graduated high school.

We are in Ocean View cabin 2328 on Splendor. This is below the Black Pearl Restaurant. My Carnival travel planner suggested we go under the galley for more quiet, but having read about noise from the galley on threads, I chose not to follow that advice. How noisy will this be under the restaurant? Would it be better to be on the Riviera deck rather than take the "upgrade" to deck 2?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Black Pearl is carpeted so no noise issue from the dining room

You do NOT want to be under the galley- how scarey that the agent thought it will be better there

Splendor is a fabulous ship-- one of our favorites to date