Has Grand Buffet all but disappeared?

Blue Lagoon

I read where the morning coffee break for Elite and above now serve the tables with tiered trays of goodies instead of having the buffet style. The reason was because the buffet didn't have the sneeze guards. I am thinking that is the reason for eliminating the grand buffet.

Happy sailings 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On the Equinox 7/12 sailing, they had an "enhanced" lunch buffet in the Oceanview Cafe. I saw a couple of ice sculptures, a staffed station serving cherries, another staffed station serving shavings of an entire Parmesan cheese, and an unstaffed station with a white and regular chocolate fountain. We avoided the fountain as it was surrounded by people and there were no strawberries (I suppose one could dip the cherries).

I did not see any advertising for the lunch, and just happened to be there to grab a quick meal. The buffet seemed to be only slightly busier than usual.

As an aside - the World Cup finals took place while we were on board. The Celebrity Theater was opened up for viewing the game on a very large screen, and plenty of hot and cold buffet snacks were offered (hot dogs, hamburgers, wings, chips, salsa, cakes, fruit, veggies etc). They also had a nice ice carving of the World Cup trophy and a special World Cup cake. The viewing was advertised but I don't believe the snacks were. I thought this was a very nice touch. The theater was packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app