Flight out of Hobby

ohmamalisa

No, you will be fine. If your coming from Galveston, it is a bit further than if you are coming from the port of Houston but either way, you will likely be at Hobby well before noon. One good rule of thumb that I use at any port is to call the cruise line and ask them how late I need to make my flight reservation to use their transportation. I rarely ever book transport through the cruise line, but it is nice to know what they recommend because they have lots of experience....

However, for February, I would just absolutely make sure you have trip insurance to cover you in case of any fog-related delays! We always cruise in February, and have several times been very delayed. This past February we weren't even back into Galveston until close to 2pm. It's just the time of year for sea fog, so hope for the best and plan for the worst and you'll be fine. :)

Thank you both so much. I have heard that the fog can be a real issue coming in. I think I will change my flight for a later one; I would rather have a wait than to be stressed out. That would kinda ruin the relaxation we have worked on during the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

oh wow... never would have thought about fog delaying the return into the harbor. So we need to fly in the night before, and then late on way back!

I was thinking of booking a trip in Feb, now I am going to have to rethink our departure times. We have to fly out of Hobby. Ugghhh.