Voyages to Antiquity 2014 cruises

Has anyone booked for this cruise and knows what the itinerary will be given the continued problems with Russia and Ukraine? I have booked a similar cruise in October with the final payment due very shortly and would really like to know what it being planned. Voyages to Antiquity say they are monitoring the situation, but it would be nice to know before committing to a cruise with a different itinerary.

Unfortunately, while no one likes the uncertainty of the situation, I'm sure Voyages to Antiquity would like to deliver the cruise more or less as planned, because that's what people originally booked. They have no way of knowing whether things will settle down in the region by October. Even knowing what they decide to do on the July cruise is no sure indicator that the same will be done 3 months later. Look at all the disruptions there have been in the last several years for cruises that were originally headed to Egypt, for example. Things have been very "on again/off again" to say the least.

Like Ontariotrekker, I think your best bet is to keep in touch with either your travel agent or the V2A office (whichever you booked with). If there is no decision by the time of your final payment (and there may not be), then you will have to decide whether to live with the uncertainty or cancel and book something else.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately, while no one likes the uncertainty of the situation, I'm sure Voyages to Antiquity would like to deliver the cruise more or less as planned, because that's what people originally booked. They have no way of knowing whether things will settle down in the region by October. Even knowing what they decide to do on the July cruise is no sure indicator that the same will be done 3 months later. Look at all the disruptions there have been in the last several years for cruises that were originally headed to Egypt, for example. Things have been very "on again/off again" to say the least.

Like Ontariotrekker, I think your best bet is to keep in touch with either your travel agent or the V2A office (whichever you booked with). If there is no decision by the time of your final payment (and there may not be), then you will have to decide whether to live with the uncertainty or cancel and book something else.

V to A posted a possible alternative itinerary on their website on April 14. We're going on the August 30 cruise, and find either option to be good.

V to A posted a possible alternative itinerary on their website on April 14. We're going on the August 30 cruise, and find either option to be good.

I agree it looks good. Ironically, if the itinerary had included Constanta to start with, I probably would've booked it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Brings back wonderful memories. Makes me look forward to the 2 future cruises with them. You did a fantastic job. We were there for last Easter and the pictures look similar. Each guest was given a chocolate bunny. We had chocolate covered strawberries also.