GS on Vision or balcony on Freedom?

The Vision cruise is five days vs. six on Freedom. Both western itineraries.

We will have our nine year old son with us, so I am concerned about activities for him. We will be going over spring break (I know).

Are the GS perks on that class of ship worth it? How do they differ from Freedom Class?

How about travel to/from Galveston vs Ft Lauderdale? Ft Lauderdale is stupid easy and I have the general feeling Galveston is not. A quick check of airfare shows Galveston may be cheaper for us as well.

Thank you CC experts!

I'd go for the longer cruise, but be sure to factor in price. Yes, with Vision, you'll have the free drinks in the CL. But if Freedom is still cheaper with airfare you could use the difference for drink packages or drinks. There is sooo much more to do on Freedom. I cruised on Navigator and I feel like I might be bored on anything smaller 😂

What are the itineraries?

Also, the balcony room on Freedom is still a nice room...it's not like it's a inside vs a GS.

Sent from Tapatalk

Right now the GS is cheaper both in cruise and anticipated airfare. We don't drink a whole lot so that isn't a deal breaker for us.

We'd lose Grand Cayman as a stop on the Vision cruise. Meh.

Arg!

This makes it a lot harder of a decision, honestly.

I've never cruised in a suite but I'd love to. The perks seem nice--especially an exclusive line at disembarkation.

How tall is your child? If he's not 52 inches he won't be able to do the Flowrider, and I'm pretty sure the rock wall has a restriction as well.

I do love the Royal Promenade, ice rink and shows, and the shows in the main theater which are (in my opinion) better than those on the Vision class.

Sent from Tapatalk

I also want to add that even though Vision is smaller you won't be bored. The Vision class has so many huge windows to look at the ocean and its just so relaxing. I personally enjoy doing trivia, but I know to some people that's boring.

Vision is a more of relaxing cruise while Freedom will feel more exciting but more hectic. On Navigator we were always doing something like ice skating and Flowrider which was really fun but had a lot less time to relax on the balcony and read, which we enjoyed on Enchantment.

Sent from Tapatalk

The Vision cruise is five days vs. six on Freedom. Both western itineraries.

We will have our nine year old son with us, so I am concerned about activities for him. We will be going over spring break (I know).

Are the GS perks on that class of ship worth it? How do they differ from Freedom Class?

How about travel to/from Galveston vs Ft Lauderdale? Ft Lauderdale is stupid easy and I have the general feeling Galveston is not. A quick check of airfare shows Galveston may be cheaper for us as well.

Thank you CC experts!

For Galveston you need to fly to Houston, closest airport is Hobby and that is 45 mins away from pier

We did Brilliance which is similar, no pool seating for suites, still great breakfast and concierge with priority tender and embarkation

Lots more for 9 year old on Freedom also no Ice show on Vision