Suggestion for Barcelona Airport meeting place?

Froufie

Will be arriving BCN within minutes of friends travelling on another flight.....both of us landing in Terminal 1.

In the past I have arrived solo and had a car service pickup so someone was waiting for me with a sign.... Being jetlagged and tired I never paid much attention to luggage pickup/location etc.

This time we are hoping to meet up and take a cab to the hotel - and trying to find a suitable/easy to find meeting spot? Probably post customs/luggage pickup....

Wondering if anyone with experience/knowledge of airport layout can help us out? We obviously we not be able to call or txt each as we won't have international calling plans ...

Any help greatly appreciated! Thx:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
The area outside customs is really not that large, but I would suggest the tourist information:

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite?Language=EN_GB&ca=BCN&pagename=cartografia&poi=1237545208308&ps=t

Thanks for the help - hard to tell but I assume this is after you exit with your luggage?? (I think those are the luggage areas in yellow above?) Hoping we can all find the spot!!! :)

This is after you get your luggage yes. When are you going? Perhaps someone could take a photo for you and post it here (I'm going there in september)

OMG - THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!

Any details/pics/instructions would be greatly appreciated. We are flying out Oct 17 - would you be back before then?

We are 'both' landing in Terminal 1 - some via AA from Philly I believe -landing 9 am - and I am on an Air canada flight from toronto - landing approx 8:50 am. Assuming the 'stars align' and all goes well - we can hopefully find each other easily....and be on our way to tour hotel.

Thanks so much for helping me out! :)

Just checked, and I'm at terminal 2. There is a shuttle between terminals but I was hoping I wouldn't have to make the trip with luggage and everything, so if someone else here going to terminal 1 could take a few pictures from where you come out of customs showing the tourist information that would be great

Looking at the airport I see that there might be a better place to meet. Just outside baggage claim is Caffe de Fiore. Better to sit there and wait for the other party. It looks like this:

http://4retail.es/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/DSC_0249.jpg

Just checked, and I'm at terminal 2. There is a shuttle between terminals but I was hoping I wouldn't have to make the trip with luggage and everything, so if someone else here going to terminal 1 could take a few pictures from where you come out of customs showing the tourist information that would be great

Thanks so much for your efforts - greatly appreciated and I do not expect you to go to Terminal 1 if you are in 2!!!

Good idea on the Caffe spot - will definitely look at that possibility! (and of course some input/pics from anyone that might be travelling thru Terminal 1 prior to mid-october!)

Have a great trip :)

Edited by Froufie

In April we arrived at T2. late morning flight from JFK. Since we were flying Delta, it was probably somewhere in 2A. Memory is a bit it fuzzy due to jet lag and recovering from a cold.

I remember that we arrived at one of the last gates, and had a long walk to passport control. I think there were only a couple of flights in at that time, so getting through passports and baggage claim was very fast. After exiting the baggage area, there is a small shopping area with a decent amount of waiting space. I remember the restrooms being on the far side, a kiosk with a couple of booths in the center, and more shops to the right. You could meet in the area between the restrooms and the center kiosk. Sorry, don't remember the location or any specific shops, but I think there is a coffee shop or cafe in the middle.

Sounds good - thanks to everyone's ideas I was able to print off the map to T1 arrivals - and that cafe right when you come out and have sent it to my gang!

Hopefully all will go well and the 'stars will align' and we shall all land, meet up at the airport and live happily ever after LOL :D

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how did it go? did you find eachother?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well first let me just say that your suggest of the caffe right outside the luggage/arrivals lobby was a fabulous suggestion and would have worked ....if my flight had arrived on time that is!

I was delayed about 45 minutes leaving toronto to barcelona and I figured we would most likely make up the time crossing the 'pond' but that was not to be!

But here is the weird part - my friends' plane landed around 8:45 am - and when they checked the arrivals board it said my Air Canada flight had arrived (yes they had the flight number, yes it was in english...) - this was impossible as we did not land til 9:30 am - and then taxied to the gate and disembarked etc...

They wanted to page me thinking I was in the airport somewhere but seems that was not allowed? In any case I was not there.

When I finally got thru customs and to the luggage area it was 10:15 and I was pretty sure they were gone...but could only check the arrivals board once I was into the main area of the airport.

There was the caffe - so I circled just in case - the arrivals board was already showing later flights so no way of knowing their flight had landed earlier - so just to make sure I whipped out the ipad and check the BCN airport arrivals on line to confirm they had arrived as scheduled....

So alas while they were able to take advantage of the private shuttle that was reserved I ended up taking a cab to the hotel on my own - no big deal but thanks for your great suggestion as I believe we would have found each other if there was no delay :)