AMA airport transfers?

lkbside

We are taking an Amakaterina cruise from Moscow to St Petersburg in August and have independently booked our air, arriving two days early in Moscow.

Does AMA make airport transfers at the end of the cruise available for purchase? If so, any ballpark figure per person - in our case it would be to the St Petersburg airport?

Hi,

We are also on a September AMA Katarina River Cruise and made our own reservations. Have your TA call to put you on the list for the pickup and transfers. I believe they told my husband it was about $45 per person. Are you coming in the same day as the AMA group is and leaving from St. Petersburg the same day the tour is over?

Why don't you check the "All River Cruise Roll Call" portion of this board above and see if anyone else has posted for your date.

Sheila

I am sailing on Amakatarina in June from Moscow to

St. Petersburg. We booked our own flights. Our Travel Agent got us the AMA transfers from the plane to the ship and from the ship to the plane. I think the cost was $80 each. I am not at home so I can't check on the price, but I believe that it was $80 for both sets of transfers.

Hi Janet,

Thanks to you, my TA called AMA and got us the small senior discount. She couldn't believe that one has to ask for it as they had our dates of birth. Don't forget to email me the phone number for the ship. They still don't have any photos on the website of the ship and the first sailing was supposed to be May 11th!

Hope you had a good trip.

Sheila

Thanks all - my TA is traveling now but I will have her call when she gets back. We arrive in Moscow 2 days before the cruise so I will arrange a transfer with our hotel from the airport.

Looking forward to hearing details from those of you who cruise before us - we are on the August 6th Moscow to St Petersburg trip.

Leslie

Hi Janet,

Thanks to you, my TA called AMA and got us the small senior discount. She couldn't believe that one has to ask for it as they had our dates of birth. Don't forget to email me the phone number for the ship. They still don't have any photos on the website of the ship and the first sailing was supposed to be May 11th!

Hope you had a good trip.

Sheila

Sheila, check your email.

I am sailing on Amakatarina in June from Moscow to

St. Petersburg. We booked our own flights. Our Travel Agent got us the AMA transfers from the plane to the ship and from the ship to the plane. I think the cost was $80 each. I am not at home so I can't check on the price, but I believe that it was $80 for both sets of transfers.

Transfers were $90 each for a total of $180. That's from airport to ship and from ship to airport. Definitely worth it especially with a 6 AM flight home.

To lkbside,

I believe the transfers with AMA are only for the people who booked the airfare with them OR are independent and are coming in the SAME day as the people who took AMA's air. We are coming in on the same plane from Heathrow which AMA uses. I don't know if they will pick you up if you are coming in two days earlier. Just have your TA call when she returns from vacation. You can also call AMA and give them your booking number and ask the question. They are pretty good in Customer Service.

Sheila

We are arriving the same day we sail and leaving at the end of the cruise. The visa process was scary enough without having to get invitations from hotels. Reading the paperwork with the visas, is a little daunting, too. They require you to have your visa on your person at all times.

Archived