Carnival's Mayan Experienced ship tour

GrandmaHofmann

For which port? We did the ruins at Altun Ha Belize a few years ago, and enjoyed it. It was around $60.00pp back then. We're going back to Belize in a few months with Carnival, and are looking at Xunantunich Mayan Ruins with Lunch as the excursion which is $90.00 I believe.

No, it's called the Mayan Experience Tour from Costa Maya. We will be in Belize in two weeks and are using Nacho and Cynthia for Altun ha. We will have our grandsons along, ages 8 and 10 and want to expose them to Mayan temples but not overwhelm them. My husband and I enjoyed Xunantunich a few years ago. The only thing I did no care for was their use of styrofoam freizes. It gives you an idea of what the original looked like but still, I would rather not have them.

OH, OK, Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad I responded to your post, because Costa Maya is the port on our upcoming cruise that we keep forgetting about. It looks like we're going to do a Mayan excursion here also, if everyone agrees. It looks as it the ruins at Chacchoben may be more interesting than the one noted as the Mayan Cultural Experience, which is limited in its description. I'm going to research then both a little more on Google before decided. Thanks again for posting the original question. Enjoy your cruise and the Mayan ruins.

Been to Chaccoben and it was great but a huge amount of walking, huge amount of standing, long flight of stairs to climb to see part of it and terribly hot. We passed with the kids being so young.

Thanks for the information. With what you've noted, this may not work for some members of our party, so I'll have to look into something else, unless its something else they want to do and some of us can do this tour, and the others another. Thanks again.