Cockleshell beach bars

ParRoo

Can someone describe where the bars are, as in the order of them.

Are reggae and spice mill at opposite ends? Where is lions rock? Any others?

Do any of the places reserve loungers ahead of time?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Edited by ParRoo

Can someone describe where the bars are, as in the order of them.

Are reggae and spice mill at opposite ends? Where is lions rock? Any others?

Do any of the places reserve loungers ahead of time?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reggae is on the far left of the beach if you are facing Nevis. Spice Mill is on the far right of the beach. Lion Rock is right beside Spice Mill.

Reggae is on a part of the beach where the water taxis, and boats dock- the beach area is not the best and the water/beach is very shelly. You will definitely need water shoes. The loungers are circa 1970 plastic strapping. Never stayed long enough to try the food. If you are looking for a young age party area where people hang out in the water all day and drink beer then Reggae will be ideal for that.

Spice Mill is on the wider part of the beach, the water is calm and not as shelly. They have new lounge chairs, probably over 200 chairs. The food is very good, its more a upscale beach bar, so quieter, older in age and classier.

There's about a half dozen bar huts that offer chairs and food, but no washroom facilities with plumbing.

Chair prices are around the $5.00 price, umbrellas are extra.

All depends on what you want on your beach day.

Reggae is on the far left of the beach if you are facing Nevis. Spice Mill is on the far right of the beach. Lion Rock is right beside Spice Mill.

Reggae is on a part of the beach where the water taxis, and boats dock- the beach area is not the best and the water/beach is very shelly. You will definitely need water shoes. The loungers are circa 1970 plastic strapping. Never stayed long enough to try the food. If you are looking for a young age party area where people hang out in the water all day and drink beer then Reggae will be ideal for that.

Spice Mill is on the wider part of the beach, the water is calm and not as shelly. They have new lounge chairs, probably over 200 chairs. The food is very good, its more a upscale beach bar, so quieter, older in age and classier.

There's about a half dozen bar huts that offer chairs and food, but no washroom facilities with plumbing.

Chair prices are around the $5.00 price, umbrellas are extra.

All depends on what you want on your beach day.

What does a taxi from the port to Spice Mill cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The more in the taxi/van the cheaper. Taxi fares are quoted as a price for 1 up to 4 passengers sharing. The price for a trip from the port area to Spice Mills would be $26 US dollars each way. Additional passengers beyond the first 4 would be $6.50 each for the one way trip..

We went to reggae beach w my kids last week. It was great! No need for water shoes. White sandy beach, chairs and umbrellas for $5. Bar, restaurant and bathroom etc. it was a great place !ImageUploadedByForums1458007632.627838.jpg.3f6ceff9c3cd2c275f71c8e27160efce.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458007585.042368.jpg.54b7efb83b9ea0adb2ddc37b95b0f9e7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458007600.748579.jpg.7ba930e23e8552dc60459f63e42ad291.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1458007617.590492.jpg.5d0aa539bf6f8feb3cb670204e6119cd.jpg

Edited by Katie517