Available for questions-took Baltic cruise on Regal princess

Hapylady

My husband and I were on Regal Princess from August 7th through the 18th. We then extended our time in Europe with 2 nights in Copenhagen, 4 nights in Brussels, and 3 in Amsterdam.

We had a great time and will happily try to answer any questions.

I enjoyed all the ports. We were very fortunate to have excellent weather. Only Stockholm was cloudy with light drizzle in the morning.

We got to Copenhagen the afternoon before. We stayed at the Scandic Palace Hotel in their budget room which was just fine. The morning buffet was excellent and included for the $200 cost.

We walked around Tivoli Gardens and ate dinner there. Rode a couple rides. The next morning we took a canal ride and walked around.

We took a bus to the ship and got there mid afternoon. The ship and room were both very nice. We had an extended balcony room on the port(left) side. Honestly the right side would have been better for views cruising and in port.

In Oslo we just did it on our own. We visited City Hall and then took a bus to Vigeland. We enjoyed the park very much. We also toured the National Gallery and just walked around the town.

I'll post more later.

We are doing this same cruise on the Regal next summer, departing July 26. Did you need jackets, or just sweaters? Was it warm enough to enjoy the pool on sea days? How was the night time entertainment and shows? Did you go into Berlin, or stay near Warnemunde? We are debating. How was the transportation when you got back to Copenhagen? I have read several posts that taxis are hard to come by. I appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

The evenings can definitely be cool. I had a light weight puff coat and used it. I also used a windbreaker several times. Sea days were pleasant but not sunbathing warm. We had very little rain so barely used my raincoat.

In Tallinn it was mid 80's and I wore shorts. It was the only warm port. When we got back to the ship there was music playing and people all over the decks though just a few in the pools. Many sunbathing and in the hot tubs. But mostly I only saw children in the swimming pool.

We went to Berlin. We booked a tour of St. Petersburg thru Alla tours and got a discount on doing Berlin- just $109 per person. It's much cheaper doing private tours and the group size is so much better. And I think the tours are just as good as the ship ones.

We actually didn't book the Berlin tour until 2 days before because my husband was unsure of going to Berlin.

If you asked him, he wasn't thrilled with Berlin because of the close to 3 hour drive both ways. We had 6 hours in Berlin. We saw a lot but didn't go into any museums or churches.

I was ok with the drive. We were on a comfortable bus and there was only 11 of us on the tour (you'll never find that low a number with Princess). I slept a little, read, looked at the country side. I'm glad I went and saw Berlin.

Friends on the same cruise did the Schwerin castle, Schwerin cruise and Rostock. They enjoyed it but thought the Schwerin cruise part was a waste. Their drive was 90 minutes each way.

We stayed 2 nights in Copenhagen after the cruise. We took a bus that stops right there to our air BnB. Google maps will tell you what bus to take. It was easy except we missed our stop and had to get off at the wrong stop and catch a different bus back. Our fault. I didn't notice whether there were taxis or not.

Copenhagen is pretty easy to get around and everyone we meet spoke English- mostly quite well.

Thank you for your reply. I have been to Berlin, my husband has not. I am the one that wants to go, he doesn't want to spend that much time driving. We will probably be like you and decide at the last minute. We have our tour booked with Best Guides in St. Petersburg, they also do a Berlin tour so I will keep that in mind. We plan to go a couple of days early to Copenhagen and then on to London post cruise. I am so excited I don't know if I can wait a year! There is not a roll call for our cruise yet so I am reading other roll calls.

We are doing this same cruise on the Regal next summer, departing July 26. Did you need jackets, or just sweaters? Was it warm enough to enjoy the pool on sea days? How was the night time entertainment and shows? Did you go into Berlin, or stay near Warnemunde? We are debating. How was the transportation when you got back to Copenhagen? I have read several posts that taxis are hard to come by. I appreciate you taking time to share your experience.

we did this cruise on July 26 this year! In Helsinki it rained a lot and we needed rain coats, in Oslo we went fishing and needed sweatshirts on the boat. St Petersburg we did an evening river cruise and needed sweatshirts but in Berlin it was 80 degrees fahrenheit, hot! Plan on layers!

I saw mostly kids in the pool. We laid in the sun for awhile on one sea day.

None of us had ever been to Berlin so it was totally worth it to us.

Have fun! It was a blast