Choice Air

IngFam

Can anyone please tell me if they've booked through Choice Air for a Royal Caribbean or a Celebrity cruise. Cruising to Hawaii and need to get a one way fare back. Have called them a couple of times now to get quotes and flight numbers etc, I'm finally ready to book today and now they tell me that I can't book through them because I'm from Australia - he then gave me this phone number to ring in Australia which is a completely wrong number. Damn it, it was such a good price compared to companies here. :mad:

Has anyone booked before??

Maybe I'll call back later and hopefully get a different person who'll allow me to book. Why do you need to book 40 days before the cruise? I think I'd be worried that the flights would be booked out waiting that long.

Maybe I'll call back later and hopefully get a different person who'll allow me to book. Why do you need to book 40 days before the cruise? I think I'd be worried that the flights would be booked out waiting that long.

I think it's to do with airline deals they have in place

It might be thirty days but I got caught out a few cruises back which is how I found out

Research brings up the flight it just won't let you actually book it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've called back again and got a different person - because I've booked with an Australian travel agency I can't book through Choice Air. They have told me to contact the Celebrity International bookings but they're currently closed and I don't know what that's going to do. I've been looking online with Hawaiian airlines and it was $1,000pp cheaper going through Choice Air. :(

Yeah, I picked up the same sort of deal with HA when I cruised.

One thing is the documentation for Choice Air is TERRIBLE. Something to be aware of: I went through a whole lot of rigmarole along the way trying to claim points, and found out after all that effort that the actual booking class is not a standard retail one, but a special sub-class that isn't eligible for points. So you don't have to waste your time on that. ;-) It's not so bad when you know in advance, but it's just I spent so much time getting things fixed up along the way when there was no point.

Given the price was still quite high, comparatively, I was annoyed how they charge so much yet still didn't give points in spite of that.