Ensenada ATV excursions with Shore Excursioneer

AloeVera

• 2 months later...

We booked with them some other excursions on our 2nd Caribbean cruise and now we are looking at our 1st Mexican Riviera cruise. They have some great prices for shore excursions and the customer service convinced me. We are looking at ATV options for Ensenada as well...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to post the review! Got home mid-month from our trip and work has been crazy busy since I returned.

I wasn't really sure what to expect when my son and I arrived in Ensenada since there was not a lot of information available online about the company. I had booked the "Beach ATV Excursion" online, paid a $9.00 deposit each on the excursion through paypal, and received the confirmation in my e-mail.

The instructions on the e-mail were clear, once we were off the ship we had to walk out to the second security gate at the cruise terminal where someone would meet us. Also the balance of the must be paid in cash to the operator when you went for your excursion.

Worst case scenario, I thought, was that I would be out the $18 deposit on paypal if nobody showed up to meet us.

So once the ship had docked in Ensenada my son and I wandered off the boat and headed out to find our excursion. Once we got to the second security gate there was a young man holding a sign with our name on it. We jumped into his golf cart, and he drove us into the town (pointing out the sights and telling us a bit about the area). Only about 5 - 10 minutes to get to the rental shop.

Once we arrived at the rental shop we went in to the office were a woman had us sign some paperwork for our excursion, pay the balance owing (which was $100 cash) and select our helmets. On a side note, she informed us that they were no longer allowed to ride right ON the beaches (and the Beach ATV tours are no longer offered), and if we were okay with it we would go to the sand dunes at Ensenada beach and then into the Sierra mountains above Ensenada and see views of the Pacific Ocean. It also turned out, that my son and I were the only ones who had signed up for the tour that day... so it was just the two of us and our guide!!

Once we had been given our ATV's and did a little test ride around the lot, we were ready to go. We rode right through the town on the ATV's for about 15 minutes until we got to the sand dunes at Ensenada Beach. Once we were there we took a few photos and then got to just free ride around the dunes for about the next half hour! Once we finished there, off we rode, back through town again. Right down the street through the tourist shopping area and began heading up the mountain through some residential type areas. Then we cut off onto a mountain trail and rode down some trails, through the bushes, along a creek, through the water, up the mountain trails and eventually we stopped at a viewing area. The view was Amazing!! We were way up on the hill, and couldn't believe how far we had ridden on our ATV's. We could see the whole area. The ship looked so small and far away, and we could hardly see the dunes where we had been riding earlier. After some photo ops, we jumped back on the ATV's and our guide took us out on to the paved road again and we rode back to town and the shop.

We had an amazing time!!! Back at the shop we were dusty and dirty, sweaty and smiling and couldn't have been happier! We rode the ATV's for just over 2 hours all for $50 (plus the $9 deposit) each. I gave the guide a $20 tip for taking such good care of us.

Next time I am in Ensenada I will definitely use Shore Excursioneer to book another adventure. Probably the 3 1/2 hour ATV Excursion to Bufadora Blowhole!!!

Ensenada1.jpg.5d12df347caedf77bba9949d9ee38318.jpg

Ensenada2.jpg.4025519a203071f82cce3e54264788e0.jpg

• 1 month later...