Sailing on The Star x

ronmar7

Hello all,

First cruise ever !! We are on The Star out of Venice in September 17 - just a few questions - some have kinda been answered - just want more info, thanks for your patience !!

To open an onboard account with cash - can this be done in Euros or do we need American dollars ??? We are from Ireland so Euros would obviously be easier !!

Are toiletries and towels provided in the inside cabins - are these replaced each day ??

Finally does the ship provide pool towels free of charge ?

Thanks everyone, no doubt there will be many more questions before Sept !! A bit nervous about the whole thing but it'll be ticked off the bucket list and hopefully I'll love it and want to cruise every year [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Q 1 - To open an onboard account with cash - can this be done in Euros or do we need American dollars ???

I believe you can use Euros or USD.

Q 2 - Are toiletries and towels provided in the inside cabins - are these replaced each day ??

Yes, and more frequently if requested.

Q 3 - Finally does the ship provide pool towels free of charge ?

Pool towels are "checked-out" at desks located adjacent to pools and spas and there is no charge if they are checked-in when you finish with them. From time to time, I have received charges on my account for pool towels, but they were promptly removed when I explained that they had been returned.

Beach towels are provided free of charge and they will replenish as needed or you can change them out at the pool area. Shampoo and liquid body wash in a fairly large dispenser is in the shower and they refill as needed. If you prefer bar soap you will need to bring some. The shampoo is a shampoo/conditioner in one and you might need additional conditioner if you have long or think hair. We were charged in US dollars in May 2017 from our Venice/Greece cruise. We just cruised on the Star in May and it was wonderful....best food of all our NCL trips ( never ate in Main dining room for dinner). The free Asian place was awesome and do get a reservation as they were always busy.

Hello everyone,

We are also first time cruisers .. sailing on Star in July

Super excited :)

I have been reading all the threads since we booked , but still a lot of questions come to mind

Regarding the cash onboard account: is it really usd 450/ person ? ( for cruises over 7 days) or per cabin?

It seems like a lot of money for person, even if returned at the end of the trip ..

Thank You all an sorry ronmar for invading your thread

You can put a card on the account, and put whatever money you think you will spend onto the account in cash, in which case the card remains untouched. Or put a card on the account, and top up cash onto the account as you use it onboard to avoid having to get it refunded at the end.

With the Premium inclusive now for European passengers, your bar bill should be zero, and excursions, speciality restaurants etc are up to you.

Hello everyone,

We are also first time cruisers .. sailing on Star in July

Super excited :)

I have been reading all the threads since we booked , but still a lot of questions come to mind

Regarding the cash onboard account: is it really usd 450/ person ? ( for cruises over 7 days) or per cabin?

It seems like a lot of money for person, even if returned at the end of the trip ..

Thank You all an sorry ronmar for invading your thread

Will await your thoughts after July !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a 3 night specialty dinning plan and my husband and I are both Platinum so we received 2 dinners with that so that gave us 5 nights at the specialty restaurants. We had Cagney's twice ( excellent steak). Monderno which my husband would say was fair, I love the grilled pineapple, it should say something about the meat if the pineapple is my favorite thing of the menu. La Cuinca was awesome, great pizza, chicken parmesan was very good and my husband had the Tbone and he said that steak was just as good as the steakhouse. Our first visit to Tepenkaki and it was wonderful, my husband had the chicken and filet and I had the filet and shrimp, great show and food and we will always plan a trip back there. The Asian fusion place was great, good hot food and it was free! and we ate the buffet one night when we were tired from a big day in port. We did have Osheehan's for lunch and it was very good too. We have been on 12 NCL cruises and this ship had the best food of them all. Waiters were wonderful, I should also add we are easy to please. We were also entertained our last meal of the cruise at Cagney's, tables are close together and the couple next to us didn't have as good a cruise as we did, the woman told her male companion that she wanted to pick up her fork and stab him in the face and many other colorful exchanges. We have eaten at Le Bistro on other ships before and it is really good too but we just didn't have time for it, next March and we will leave Moderno off. I think it was only a $10 cover charge for Moderno.