Celebrity Solstice Cabin Preference

Georgia222

For an Alaskan cruise, I am wondering if 8256 or 9192 would be best. I am all about the balcony. I am also curious if I should spend the extra $260 for a Concierage Class, like 9295. I like the idea of priority check-in, but probably wouldn't use the other amenities.

Thanks for any ideas,

Several thoughts here. Given the choice of the two regular balcony cabins, I would take the one on deck 8, because it is near the forward stairs/elevators. The one on deck 9 is near the midship elevators and atrium, and we found sound from atrium activities drifts up and can be annoying when it is loud music/singers. You seem to be looking for a cabin with a larger balcony, and that would be the only reason I would choose the concierge class cabin. Do not count on much priority in the checkin. There are check in lines for suites, elites, concierge/aqua, and the rest of the masses. I have stood in line for both elite and concierge while they checked suite passengers in at all of the desks, making all the rest of us wait. And I have been in line with the masses when there was no line for suite/elits/concierge and was waved over to check in without waiting. It's a crap shoot.

On the Celebrity board here at CC, there is a sticky with reviews of the cabins of S class ships. You might check there to see if any have reviewed these cabins - a review from Solstice Equinox, Eclipse, or Silhouette will all suffice. EM