tampa Transportation

2VV

Hello, our family of seven in arriving in Tampa on Dec 4, we will be staying two nights in Tampa at Sails Resort on the Gulf. My question is, what is the best place to rent a SUV or Van for two days. I want to be able to drop the vehicle off close the the cruise terminal on the day of the cruise, I recall reading a post of one of the car rental places close.

Also can anyone recomment a decent transport co for the ride back to the airport after the cruise?

Thanks

Kevin

Kevin,

I have asked a similar question and received no replies. What I have read regarding car rental companies in Tampa, Enterprise picks up and delivers you back to where you want to go. Best to call Enterprise directly to get the correct info. Maybe you could post your findings, I don't sail till February.

Cheers.

Kevin,

I have asked a similar question and received no replies. What I have read regarding car rental companies in Tampa, Enterprise picks up and delivers you back to where you want to go. Best to call Enterprise directly to get the correct info. Maybe you could post your findings, I don't sail till February.

Cheers.

I kinda gathered the same, I will try them and post what I find out. We sail in December.

Take Care, Kevin

Your correct about Enterprise as far as convenience. They will pick you up and drop off almost anywhere. Also Enterprise just dropped there weekend rates.

Regarding the Sailport Resort, they will pick you up at the airport, but wont take you to the pier. The best way to get back to the airport post cruise is a taxi! $25 flat rate back to the airport. I would call Yellow Cab of Tampa since I have seen some of there larger vehicles around town and perhaps you can prearrange your transportation. Also SuperShutle will pick you up at the pier with a flat per person rate

By the way the Sailport maybe an older Hotel but It has been renovated and is in a great location.

Mark

Your correct about Enterprise as far as convenience. They will pick you up and drop off almost anywhere. Also Enterprise just dropped there weekend rates.

Regarding the Sailport Resort, they will pick you up at the airport, but wont take you to the pier. The best way to get back to the airport post cruise is a taxi! $25 flat rate back to the airport. I would call Yellow Cab of Tampa since I have seen some of there larger vehicles around town and perhaps you can prearrange your transportation. Also SuperShuttle will pick you up at the pier with a flat per person rate

By the way the Sailport maybe an older Hotel but It has been renovated and is in a great location.

Mark

Archived