Montego Bay Shore Excursion need help

angiem0217

We are a family of 6 looking for something fun to do in Jamaica. We are doing stingray city and snorkel tour in Grand Cayman and Mr Sanchos in Cozumel. But I am not sure about Montego Bay. It will be me and DH and three 19 year olds, daughter and 2 friends and 9 year old son. Thought about all inclusive beach day because we love the beach. Also thinking about zip line. 2 of us have ziplined the redwoods in California and loved it. Or maybe get a tour guide and do a tour of the area but not sure how much 9 year old would like that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Check out Mayfield Falls. Really cool adventure day! There is also river rafting and some other adventurous things like river boogie boarding that are available.

We've also found that a Catamaran day sail is a really fun way to spend a day when you don't know what else to do. The kids would love the reggae music, snorkeling and rum punch! (at least he older ones will).

A staple excursion is to go to Doctor's Cave Beach for a few hours, then walk around the Hip Strip to Margaritaville (they have a slide from the bar into the ocean where they have water toys to play on) or maybe to the Pork Pit for some local jerk.

Most cruises into MoBay will have a shuttle (maybe Ho-Ho) or at least an excursion to take you there. It's a fun day.

How are the beach vendors at Dr cave?

Are you asking if there are any there? Will depend on the day. Perhaps. We didn't see any, but we were just sailing on past. I love the Jamaican beach vendors. I can usually score some cute beach jewelry from them that lasts until the end of summer, then out it goes! Cheap!! Have small bill on you, as they may not have change.

I don't mind vendors if they just ask me to buy once or twice. But in Nassua last year they can by every 20 minutes. After the 4th time if got annoying and we could not enjoy a peaceful beach day because we were constantly being hassled to buy something. I said after that I would never go to a public beach again. But looking at all inclusives at Montego Bay they are all about $100 pp. I have 3 18 year olds that do not drink so it's going to be hard for me to justify spending $500 on a beach day to a private resort. We don't want to travel 2 hours to the blue hole. So not really sure what else we can do. Looking at the zip line

• 2 months later...