Anyone in a wheelchair cruised on Carnival Paradise?

royalcabeurope

My family and I are booked on a cruise to Mexico on the Carnival Paradise. I'm wondering if we want to cancel the cruise.

I received an email from Carnival saying that there is no wheelchair access to any of the public pools. Since I can't get off the ship in Catalina because there are tenders with stairs and I can't get off in Ensenada with a service dog, I'm wondering if the trip will be worth it. I wouldn't mind staying behind if I could hang out by the pool but...

i am paraplegic and can not walk at all.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who has been on the Paradise. Thanks!

A few years back on the Paradise there was a gal (quadrapalegic) who was in a chair that she controlled by her mouth. We have seen many people with mobility issues on the Paradise, several using power wheelchairs.

You can hang out by the pools or on the Serenity deck (or anywhere else) but there is no lift to get into the pools. The Serenity deck is accessible through the lounge.

The only headache area (for everyone) is the entry to the rear dining room. The area in front is very small and the elevators onload into it. Either get there 20 minutes early or wait a few minutes to get there.

The Maitre 'd is usually available at around 1 on embarkation day if you need to check out your table.

In the Dome in Long Beach the elevator is before the Welcome Aboard picture.

I'm going on Monday on the Paradise. Let me know if you have any other questions.

My family and I are booked on a cruise to Mexico on the Carnival Paradise. I'm wondering if we want to cancel the cruise.

I received an email from Carnival saying that there is no wheelchair access to any of the public pools. Since I can't get off the ship in Catalina because there are tenders with stairs and I can't get off in Ensenada with a service dog, I'm wondering if the trip will be worth it. I wouldn't mind staying behind if I could hang out by the pool but...

i am paraplegic and can not walk at all.

I would appreciate advice from anyone who has been on the Paradise. Thanks!

Unfortunatey Carnivals ships do not have pool lifts. That is one reason I do not like to book them.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned you will have no problem getting to the pool areas. Only getting into the pool itself. As for the rear dining room, if you do get assigned to it you can meet the Maitre'd on the first day and ask to be moved to the forward dining room.

Archived