Bernard Tours

bjohio

Our tour #1 through Bernards was great. At $40 for 4.5 hours it is a great value. Tour takes you around the entire perimeter of the island- Dutch and French sides. Highlights of tour is one hour in Margot for shopping and french

pastry and 45 minutes at the airport at Maho watching the planes land over the beach. Our guide was "Mailman" and he was very friendly and informative.

A nice touch is complimentary cold drinks on the van. (Air conditioned Nisson van holding about 12 people.)

I did Tour #2 when I was in St Marten (Mailman was our driver). This time, I booked #1 because I see no need to return to Orient Beach.

Unfortunately, we were running late (boy do I hate the selfish, inconsiderate people on tours that refuse to return to the van when told) so we had a short stop in Marigot (where one person was 15 minutes late returning) so missed the KLM landing at Maho. :mad:

Anyway, I have absolutely no need for shopping in any port, but I'm looking forward to the extra time in Marigot to simply wander around and actually have the time to order something to eat and sit and enjoy it!

Was wondering if anyone has done Diederick tours? Any different than Bernards? We want to do a tour and Diederick looks like it is a bit longer?

Both are highly rated, just curious if anyone has done both. Thanks so much!