2 ? about bernard's tours

heziggy

thinking of doing this on our trip/ I know you pay $5pp thru paypal or by phone and the rest when you get there. does he accept credit cards or do we need to get euros to pay? (our cc has the nifty chip I believe we can use in foreign countries)

2nd- I noticed he books for 1/2 hour after the ship docks. what if it takes longer to get off the ship, will he wait til everyone arrives

Thanx!!

He does take credit cards for the remaining cost of your tour along with US dollars. No need for euros.

I guess he may wait a little, but probably not a long time. We have used him twice and it's never been a problem getting off the ship in time.

Edited by prim8keeper

Once the tour guides and the passengers start leaving for their tours, there is still someone from Bernards Tour at the information booth for another 10-15 mins. We've never had a problem making it there on time, never read anything on cc, of anyone being left behind on Bernards Tours. You'll be fine and will arrive at the Information Booth on time. Enjoy your day!

We just did a tout with Bernard's last Saturday. He really tries to not leave anybody behind. We ended up waiting almost thirty minutes for 2 people who never showed. It was almost 9:30 before we left. So I think you will have no problems. It was a great tour!

• 2 weeks later...

We toured with them this past Wednesday (6/18) - we paid our $5 deposit via paypal. We wanted to pay the rest via our credit card, but for some reason it wouldn't go through. I even called our credit card company to make sure everything was okay since we were out of the country, and everything was fine on the credit card end. After 4 tries on their little "remote" credit card machine, we gave up and paid cash (American $).

They had booked too many people for tour #1 and #2 - and they were putting us together , or at least tried to (on a small bus). They had us moving back and forth.

They waited until they drummed up a little more business, and then put us and two other groups on a van.

He had a cooler full of water bottles, cokes, sprites, rum punch, and beer.

Everyone drank freely, and fortunately for us, as non-drinkers, he had plenty of cokes and water.

After the very odd start (which I didn't care for), everything went very well!!! Johnny was our guide and he did a great job.

Our tour ended up being close to 6 hours -

ended up being very pleased!!