Best Excursions for Nature Lovers - Southern Caribbean

moorel15

Hello all!

My fiance and I will be sailing on the Norwegian Gem on 10/29/16 for our honeymoon. The cruise embarks out of San Juan, PR and has stops in Grenada, Antigua, Dominica, St. Lucia, and Tortilla, BVI. We are interested in seeing mountains and waterfalls, and the best beaches. Could anyone suggest some of the best excursionsp for us nature lovers? Thanks so much!!

Hello all!

My fiance and I will be sailing on the Norwegian Gem on 10/29/16 for our honeymoon. The cruise embarks out of San Juan, PR and has stops in Grenada, Antigua, Dominica, St. Lucia, and Tortilla, BVI. We are interested in seeing mountains and waterfalls, and the best beaches. Could anyone suggest some of the best excursionsp for us nature lovers? Thanks so much!!

Congratulations.

You picked an excellent cruise. Having been to all the above I recommend Grenada, Dominica and St Lucia for waterfalls and mountains, Antigua and Tortola for beaches.

Grenada: has good beaches (Grand Anse e.g.) and also waterfalls and mountains.

Antigua: lots of beaches. Darkwood and Turner's are good and easy to get to, but there are others. You really don't need an excursion - taxi or bus.

Dominica: take an excursion. There are waterfalls and mountains all over the place. Variety of good choices.

St Lucia: the iconic feature is the Pitons, so I recommend a catamaran or land excursion featuring them. You'll probably get a beach or some other attraction as well.

Tortola: very nice, easy island to get around. Cane Garden Bay is the popular beach. Long Bay to west is less crowded and very long, Brewer's to east less crowded and smaller, with some snorkeling.

If you have time to see Old San Juan and El Yunque National Forest while in Puerto Rico, by all means.