Curacao Car Rental - 1 Day

takevtr1

Hi All,

While I am NOT cruising to Curacao (at least this time around), I always value the suggestions and opinions of everybody on these boards. I myself have posted many times here in the past (when I have cruised.)

My question is, I need a recommendation for a car rental company. I only need the rental for 24 hours. I need a car that can hold 4 people while we tour the West End on our own.

We are staying at the Sunscape Resort.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Mitchell...........

Hi Mitchell - the problem is, as a local I'm not allowed to recommend any local company or vendor on these boards. If you join the FB page: Curacao - Cruise Port of Call you might get better answers.

OK Isa65.

I think I may already be a member of that FB page.

I will go there now and check it out.

THANK YOU!!!

• 3 weeks later...

There are two different docking locations in Curacao so that does impact on where one should rent. But if you are in a larger ship it is likely you would dock at the Mega Pier and there are several rental car dealers located right at that port. We used Avis...but there were a few others...all located within a few feet of each other.

Hank

Thanks hank,

How much did you pay for a rental in Curacao?

Our last rental was in December 2013 and the total price, with all taxes and fees, was $50.13. We usually save some money by taking manual transmissions but not sure if this is an issue at this location. I just checked the Avis web site (since we will again rent a car this coming Dec) and the prices small cars are about the same price.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

When you check which their website what location are you choosing because there is not a port location online.

You can do it right on the Avis web site. When you pull up a list of locations just select Williamsted! It will then bring up a list of multiple locations (within Williamsted) one of which is the "Mega Pier." This is where nearly all the ships now dock, although I assume some of the much smaller cruise ships could still dock at the old pier.

Hank