St. John & Halifax - Atlantic Time vs Eastern Time

sorensl

Does anyone know the arrival times for St. John and Halifax listed for Anthem of the Seas is the local Atlantic Time? Or is it Eastern time? We are booking a tour through a local business which operates on Atlantic Time. If the times listed are based on Eastern Time, that could possibly make us an hour late.

Linda - Canton, Michigan

St. John & Halifax uses the Atlantic Time Zone.

"In Canada, the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island reckon time specifically as an offset of 4 hours from Greenwich Mean time (GMT-4). Small portions of Quebec (eastern Côte-Nord and the Magdalen Islands) are also part of the Atlantic Standard Time Zone."

Use: thetimezoneconverter.com

The EST time right now is 11:38 am, but for Halifax is it 12:38 pm. One hour ahead.

I would assume that when you are landing to that port, would use their time (AST)

Do not assume you use local time! We didn't when we were there a couple months ago. When I was planning I "assumed" that too. On the cruise I was waiting for the time change notice that never came. During the cruise ships staff started advising we're staying on ships time, especially the shore excursion staff, they went out of their way to make sure people knew that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the arrival times for St. John and Halifax listed for Anthem of the Seas is the local Atlantic Time? Or is it Eastern time? We are booking a tour through a local business which operates on Atlantic Time. If the times listed are based on Eastern Time, that could possibly make us an hour late.

Linda - Canton, Michigan

Port tour operators are aware of, and uses, the time used by arriving cruise ships