Penny's QM2 Book

savaanah

Desperately seeking a copy of Penny's book re:QM2. I have tried several links but none have worked. We will be on QM2 for the celebration cruise 20/12/07 this will be our first time with Cunard, we're both extremely excited. If someone out there could give a link to or indeed email a copy to us we will be extremely grateful.

Any info regarding the Chef's Galley would be appreciated, I hope I've got the name right.

Is there anyone else cruising with us can't see any roll calls as yet.:)

Penny posted a little while ago to say that her book is 'dismantled' at the moment as she's working on it prior to possibly getting it published (this is hidden deep in the a thread somewhere, and I can't find it).

I've been trying to bridge the gap with a fact pack compiled partly from Penny's book, and partly from other information I've gleaned along the way on these boards, and am about to send you a copy.

It's not as good as Penny's, and others will be more qualified than I to give you information on the Chefs Galley.

Regards, Mary

The Chef's Galley is at the far end of Kings Court and we ate there often. They no longer charge for this restaurant as they did in the past, but you still need to make reservations for dinner.

At breakfast they will make you am omelet, at lunch they make fresh sandwiches.

We've sailed on her twice and booked again in July. If you have any specific questions please let me know.

The easiest way to get around the ship is to look at the map and go to the stairway closest to where you want to go and take that elevator.

:D

Desperately seeking a copy of Penny's book re:QM2. I have tried several links but none have worked. If someone out there could give a link to or indeed email a copy to us we will be extremely grateful.

I have Penny's book saved as a Word document on my computer and will e-mail it to you today.

Thank you everyone for your replies you've been most helpful.

Cusyl you obviously love QM2. Do you know why there is no longer a charge for the chefs galley, in your opinion is it a good choice for dinner?

I love to swim do you think that it's a good idea to pay the spa fee?

I contacted Cunard and requested a wine list, however, the list they sent me only gave names and prices for champagne and wine by the glass, is there an up to date wine/bar list for QM2 with current prices?

Many thanks

Pauline:)

Yes, I am madly in love with the QM2, the only cure is to get on the ship LOL.:D

The Chef's Galley used to charge because it included wine. You now have to purchase wine with your dinner. They have special foods at dinner that are not served in the dining room.

In fact, on our first cruise in 2004 Todd English did not charge additional, but it got so popular that they now have a $20 charge for lunch and $30 for dinner.

I've not eaten there at night and we don't drink, so I can't help you with the prices.

I'm sure someone else can chime in and give you that information.

You don't have to pay to use the pools unless you want the one in the spa. Their pools are very nice.

Dear savaanah,

Here is a copy that was scanned onto the internet and needs to be printed.

Please click the below thread to obtain it.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/*****QM2_PennysTips/

ESLO,

Thank you so much for scanning and posting Penny's book, I can't wait to read up on all of her wonderful information.

Thank you again!

Warm Regards,

Betsy/534

• 2 weeks later...
I have Penny's book saved as a Word document on my computer and will e-mail it to you today.

I am sailing on the QM2 in two weeks and would really love a copy of Penny's book. I have been on over 30 cruises but this will be my first on Cunard. Thanks so much.........Nanci

nancbcruisin@aol.com

Here is a brand new post from Penny and Pepper re an updated version of their reviews.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=514324

Hi Burlingtoncruiser....Thank you for your kind words about my review. I'm glad you were able to find it by now...thought it had dropped off the face of the earth by this time!!;)

I just wanted to point out that the updated review is totally Pepper's from his TA and I agree it is a terrific source of info for folks new to QM2...and even those who have sailed her. My review is from my Caribbean last winter.

I'm certainly pleased that you enjoyed both of them as I know we both wanted to share the thrill of discovering the QM2 and all her delights in our own way.

Cheers, Penny

Thanks Penny,

My hubby and I are sailing on June 10 on QM2 so your 'Affair to Remember' made me feel as if I was right there! A great job.

When I saw the post with both you and Pepper on it, I think I jumped to the conclusion that you had colloborated on a 'combined' review'.

Thanks again for a great read. I can't wait for June, thanks to you and Pepper.

Helen

Thanks Penny,

My hubby and I are sailing on June 10 on QM2 so your 'Affair to Remember' made me feel as if I was right there! A great job.

When I saw the post with both you and Pepper on it, I think I jumped to the conclusion that you had colloborated on a 'combined' review'.

Thanks again for a great read. I can't wait for June, thanks to you and Pepper.

Helen

Hi Helen..So glad you enjoyed "the Affair"...I can't wait for it to continue in

Nov!! My friends tease that perhaps "my Love"; won't remember me...no problem, I'll just start a new affair with it! I LOVE that ship!:D

You will just love her...she is everthing we said and then some and I hope your "affair" will be as memorable.

Pepper has great photos from his TA here... wonderful interior shots http:community.webshots.com/user/pepperrn

My photos aren't posted but if you'd like to see anything specific I'll be happy to send it.

Cheers, Penny

Archived