Preferred company for Denali glacier landings?

mjminjax

We'll be in a group that's doing a Princess land tour this June, with stops at Denali and McKinley Princess lodges, and in Anchorage. We'd like to do Denali flightseeing in some of our free time, preferably with a glacier landing.

It looks like our choices are Fly Denali from Denali or Talkeetna, K2 or Talkeetna Air Taxi from Talkeetna, or Rust from Anchorage.

Does anybody have a preference from among these companies? How about preferences for the various takeoff sites?

Thanks - MJM in JAX

We'd like to do Denali flightseeing in some of our free time, preferably with a glacier landing.It looks like our choices are Fly Denali from Denali or Talkeetna, K2 or Talkeetna Air Taxi from Talkeetna, or Rust from Anchorage.

Thanks - MJM in JAX[/quote

We took the Talkeetna Air Taxi Glacier landing and it was great. K2 also has a very good rep. We also used our two for one coupons available in the toursaver book with Talkeetna Air Taxi.

With your time, I would definately go out of Talkeetna, I have flown with Talkeetna Air Taxi, K2 and my definate preference Talkeetna Aero. All the companies are great there. You are aware that your lodge is 50 miles away from Talkeetna??? If you are arriving by train, stay in town and plan your flightseeing then, rather than shuttling back and forth too many times. :)

Talkeetna Air Taxi again has the toursaver coupons. You need reservations way in advance.

You are aware that your lodge is 50 miles away from Talkeetna??? If you are arriving by train, stay in town and plan your flightseeing then, rather than shuttling back and forth too many times. :)

Yes, aware of that (I read the brouchure;)); logistics is one of the factors involved. Who wants to spend half their time while in Alaska in a bus (especially when you're 6'7", like me!)?

MJM in Jax

Archived