La Romana Dreams day trip whose been?

scubaflgirl

When we went to Costa Maya last year on Carnival Paradise,

we had a scuba trip cancelled due to extremely high wind.

Luckily Carnival had a back up trip we booked at the pier that

was and all inclusive drink and beach day, loved it!

Trying to do the same in DR, I have read on other forums

of a place called Dreams. You send the resort an email and

they hold a day pass for you that you pay for when you arrive,

but I hear the taxi's to the resort are expensive. Anyone have

any info. about this? Sailing on 3/21/15 on ConquestParadise

Thanks Blue_Water,

I did find that information already, just wanted

to see if someone else had any other info. to

share.

I'm confident in the resort, but my only hang up

is the taxi part. And the amount of taxis available

at the resort for the return to the ship. And what

the going rate for 3 people would be.

Did you go snorkeling at the resort, interested to

see if any reefs are close to the beach? :)

I seem to remember more helpful posts from someone more familiar with La Romana, perhaps "Lifesabeach", not sure. But we taxied to Bayahibe (where Dreams is) as part of the Seavis Tours excursion one year. Taxis are stationed just outside the dock area and you can get a group with the drivers help and save on the fare. Have you checked with folks on your roll call who may have been before? You'll be fine...

No snorkeling at the resort, and the beach is small for the number of people there. I'd recommend an excursion to Saona Island with Seavis or to Catalina Island with Pro Excursions, both located in Bayahibe just past Dreams. Naturally beautiful area, and the Seavis Saona excursion is the best for Carnival cruisers. Pass through themangroves and Rocks of Pinon then enjoy lunch on Saona with better snorkeling followed by the Natural Pool. great day that...and they work closely with Carnival port time changes.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

The cost is $60 a person, I am monitoring Tripadvisor and it seems

some people are getting sick from eating at Dreams.:confused: So I booked Carnivals

Beach Day for $40 a person. Haven't cancelled Dreams yet, but I am

fearful of some of the reviews....

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Dreams day pass last March. The beach was beautiful and the pool was nice. Drinks were good but food was awful in my opinion. I wasn't feeling well already so I didn't really go look very hard for food. Ate a piece of mediocre pizza and a nasty hot dog. But again I loved the beach and my son had fun on the inflatables in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did the Dreams day pass last March. The beach was beautiful and the pool was nice. Drinks were good but food was awful in my opinion. I wasn't feeling well already so I didn't really go look very hard for food. Ate a piece of mediocre pizza and a nasty hot dog. But again I loved the beach and my son had fun on the inflatables in the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We spent a couple weeks there and the cuisine at the restaurants was excellent. Dreams is known for good food and great drinks.

I thought the dogs and burgers were good at the beach grill as compared to other spots but it is subjective for sure. Pizza not so much...

The cost is $60 a person, I am monitoring Tripadvisor and it seems

some people are getting sick from eating at Dreams.:confused: So I booked Carnivals

Beach Day for $40 a person. Haven't cancelled Dreams yet, but I am

fearful of some of the reviews....

There are posts from people who say they got sick, and this is at every resort I've ever reviewed. Some people drink too much of the laxative drinks and don't use common sense hen it comes to hygiene. The staff at Dreams constantly asks you to use hand sanitizer and unfortunately we see folks using a toilet in restrooms and heading straight to a restaurant without washing - how disgusting.

So just use common sense and practice good hygiene. The food at Dreams is excellent and their cleanliness standards are very high. The water andice is also purified.

I'm much more concerned with the bacteria on the ship than I am with any destination I'm going to.

As an aside, we've started taking a probiotic when traveling anywhere, not a bad idea to consider, even just being on a ship.

Edited by blue_water