I need ideas for a fitness challenge prize!

KatieBug28

Hey all!

My family has decided to do a fitness challenge to prepare for our upcoming cruise. We've got the details worked out except for the prize! Does anyone have something they have used in the past?

The only idea we have come up with so far is to have everyone put in $100, and the winner would take home the pot. There are six of us, so that would be $500 in winnings. That would pay for shore excursions, tips, drinks, etc... My husband and I were joking that if you don't complete the challenge, you can't go on the cruise, but I don't think the rest of the family will go for that ;)

Anyway, ideas are welcome! The challenge would run for 35 weeks and end 10 days before our cruise.

I'm participating in a fitness challenge right now. Only women are participating...we're also currently working on the prizes. One is a one hour facial.

Our challenge is only for 90 days. A challenge that is 35 weeks is pretty long...which is great for having time to really make significant change over the long haul, but I would think that it would be interesting to think of some intermediate prizes.

I don't know how you are selecting the winner...for our challenge, we actually will have 3 winners. I guess one person could win more than one category...it is:

1. most pounds lost.

2. most inches lost.

3. most body fat lost.

This is why we are still figuring out the prizes...

I would think that you might break up your challenge into at least 4 phases. Each phase could be a starting over point, so that people who have something happen beyond their control (sickness, extensive work travel, injury, other family crisis, etc.) have a chance in each phase to win and thus maintain motivation for the whole journey. The winner for each phase wins because they made the most progress for that phase. Then you might have 2 winners at the very end...the winner of the last phase...and also the overall winner from the beginning of the challenge to the end.

That would mean 5 winners over the course of the challenge, one for each phase and one overall winner.

I think that doing something like this would help to keep the competition strong throughout the whole thing, which is the ultimate goal of the challenge right? If you have too much time to "make up" for whatever you've done, then you might fall off the wagon more often...and the lack of the intermediate reward would also reinforce an idea of being able to make something up over the long haul. You want to have some sort of accountability along the way...something to fuel the competition...so having several possible wins along the way could be a big motivator.

I like the idea of the cash. Cash is always good. Someone would have to work very hard...but one person could win all the money, even with having multiple "check points."

• 1 month later...

i would forget about a prize and i would book a HIKE to one of the highest mountain on one of your stop , i can guarantee you , this will get you moving , hiking at 90` F in the carribean is something :))

we are CrossFitters and both personal trainer and its hard for us , so get out move move move and the rest will come !

-Dan