River Beatrice Danube

Los_Pepes

My wife and I took the River Beatrice last week from Budapest to Passau. I could write a lengthy review, but I am far too lazy :) I will say a couple of things howerer.

1) It lived up to it's promise. At every opportunity ever crew member was dedicated to making sure we were well cared for.

2) The food and wine was off of the charts

3) Having a bill that read $0 when we checked off of the boat was really nice. (Especially considering the heroic amount of Becks, Grey Goose and Congac that we consumed at the bar).

4) Uniworld made a promise of luxury and service and delivered.

I woild like to shout out to Carmen and Markus who made the trip very special. I hope to see them again.

If anyone has any questions I am happy to answer. We submitted a booking request while on board and I am actively looking at my next Uniworld cruise.

I'm glad to see a recent post about the River Beatrice. We will be doing uniworld's Passau-to-Budapest cruise in August and we are sooo excited! It is our first river cruise and i can't stop planning, researching, and comparing the excursions.

I have one question (at this time). Our TA gave us $150 credit that we can use onboard. Do you have suggestions on what we can use them for? I guess if we HAVE to use it we can get topshelf alcohol (but i'm totally fine with and love grey goose). I wonder if we can use it for one of the optional excursions (maybe Bratislava)?

Thanks in advance.

OBC can be used for optional excursions. We did so on SS Antoinette earlier this month. Note that they converted the $ amount into euros at a so-so exchange rate, as everything was charged onboard in euros. We still had 14 left over at the end of the cruise though, so no complaints here.

Edited by jpalbny

suplada- I would 100% suggest the Bratislava tour w/ Dinner. It far exceeded our expectations and we had a ball. The restaurant they take you to outside of Vienna on the way back to the ship is delightfully cheesy and so much fun. Bratislava tour was a blast!

suplada- Forgot to mention that I too am a bit of a wine/booze snob. I never once felt compelled to access their reserve list as the wines were great and there was enough variety of "free" alcohol to keep us satisfied. Hard to rationalize buying a whiskey when they will pour you an Oban for free!

Also- Don't be afraid to go into some of the towns and go bar hoping. We had a blast in Vienna and Linz.

I'm glad to see a recent post about the River Beatrice. We will be doing uniworld's Passau-to-Budapest cruise in August and we are sooo excited! It is our first river cruise and i can't stop planning, researching, and comparing the excursions.

I have one question (at this time). Our TA gave us $150 credit that we can use onboard. Do you have suggestions on what we can use them for? I guess if we HAVE to use it we can get topshelf alcohol (but i'm totally fine with and love grey goose). I wonder if we can use it for one of the optional excursions (maybe Bratislava)?

Thanks in advance.

I was on the River Beatrice april 13th to april 20th.

Use your onboard credit to go to Bratislava or for the private concert in Vienna.

Doris

Well, we all have different views of things. I loved Uniworld. I thought most of their tours were fantastic. I really enjoyed the optional tour to Bratislava. Had the Big Bear as our tour guide. He was fabulous! But I was very disappointed in the restaurant. It is VERY cheesy and somewhat interesting. But we thought the food was pretty bad. There were so many people there that by the time we ordered what we wanted was not available. What we got was almost inedible. Certainly would not say it was a fabulous experience!

You are absolutely correct. The restaurant is beyond cheesy! It is is so cheesy it is comical. When you get there, knock back the shot of schnapps they have waiting for you, order a beer/ wine and soak in all the kitsch!

• 2 weeks later...