Oia to Oia return boat transf possible and how late ?

downundermatt

Luckily will have two visits to Santorini in May.

As the first visit is only for the afternoon am thinking of taking the boat to Oia.

(And then returning direct to the ship, without the usual bus to Fira option)

Is it possible to get a boat transfer back to the old port in May from Oia around 8pm ?

The ship sails at 10pm

Hello DownUnderMatt, have no idea, really, but I have also researched this with no information forthcoming, leading me to believe that a return boat from Oia to Fira is not an option. . I have read speculation on these forums that there is the possibility of technical reasons for this- quality / safety of water ride related. I speculate it is more of an island policy from an economic point of view [emoji854]

There are boat sunset cruises available that may or may not originate at the Port dock at Thira and while I never found one that advertises a stop at Oia, perhaps a direct inquiry might elicit a response?

I will be in Santorini on May 12th ( with the weather cooperating- some forecasts for 15-20 mph winds!) and will ask the questions I couldn't find answers for myself and report back. May be too late for your planning....

Enjoy whatever comes your way!

Edited by JenZ

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Adam, hope I am not too late for your trip planning ( posted this info on other forums so hopefully you found the answer!). No, no return ferry from Oia to Fira. I was told it was a Port Authority rule. I am still of the opinion that it is due to an economic reason- the cable car infrastructure must be paid for somehow and the tourists likely are coveted by both Fira and Oia. Enjoy your visit to Santorini! It is amazing!