30 days pre cruise -- liquid diet diary

Hey everybody ....

booking a spontaneous winter cruise is quite the thrill ... but spontaneously loosing the fall and winter gobbled up calories isn't ....

I'm not overweight ... just unhappy to have gained 5 kgs from August till now... well and in 30 days we have a cruise coming up .... and since I tend to write loooong picture reviews afterwards ... I want to loose the belly fat before I take those pictures... okyay I'm a bit vain, but so what?

This will be my personal weight diary-countdown. Today we're at day 30 precruise and my morning weigh in is 61,3 kg.

Sigh ... the goal is to reach 57,0 kg in 29 more days ... let's see how it comes along.

I diet with the help of Yokebe... which is a shake, you can get in a pharmacy here in Germany... don't know if it's internationally known. I used it successfully before last year pre cruise and actually reached the weight I wanted... But then I had more time and was more sporty.

The first week will be shake-only 3 times a day plus water (and coffee ---- I don't work without coffee -- and a glass of red wine in the evenings ... gotta have something to look forward to;)).

Wish me luck!

I'll post daily with the new weights.

Stef

Hallo! Wo in Deutschland wohnen Sie? Ich habe in Deutschland gewohnt wann ich ein Kind war. Veil Gluek mit deine flussigkeits Diat. Das sieht sehr schwierig aus! Ist das gesund fuer 30 Tage zu tun? Jetzt versuche ich die Deutsche Sprache zu lernen, so ich will ueben wann ich kann! Ich weiss, dass ich bin nicht vollig korrekt, aber hoffentlich koennen Sie mich verstanden!

Wow, that was hard because autocorrect really wanted to turn everything into English! Feel free to correct the parts that are wrong. Good luck & have a great cruise! :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hallo! Wo in Deutschland wohnen Sie? Ich habe in Deutschland gewohnt wann ich ein Kind war. Veil Gluek mit deine flussigkeits Diat. Das sieht sehr schwierig aus! Ist das gesund fuer 30 Tage zu tun? Jetzt versuche ich die Deutsche Sprache zu lernen, so ich will ueben wann ich kann! Ich weiss, dass ich bin nicht vollig korrekt, aber hoffentlich koennen Sie mich verstanden!

Wow, that was hard because autocorrect really wanted to turn everything into English! Feel free to correct the parts that are wrong. Good luck & have a great cruise! :)

Hi,

Stay at ease, your German wasn't too bad... :D I definitely understood whart you wanted to say ... cute little shifting of words ... but that's adorable, so don't worry!

No, I don't think it's unhealthy, because the shakes include all the stuff your body really needs each day. Somehow they also manage to keep you feeling semi-not-starving and that works for me.

Stef

day 28 pre cruise

oh boy, I sort of hoped this diet to start off a little easier.

When I started this post 2 days ago I was strong willed and energetic

...had a shake for breakfast, a clam chowder soup for lunch ( lol -- I know I shouldn't have-- but it was impossible cooking for the kid and not eating any of it myself) 3 tomatoes a three mushrooms as an afternoon snack and again a shake for dinner.

On the morning of day 2 I was down to 60,8 kg. Whoohoo.

But then it hit me and I spent the whole day feverish in bed. The kid came home from school sick two days earlier ... I just should have know better than to get a tetanus shot for myself this week. Of course my body was busy with the vaccination and the kid's flu-like virus hit me real good. I didn't drink any shakes yesterday ... just stuck to unsweetened peppermint tea... God, I sweated like there's no tomorrow ... so today -- fever gone again -- I can report an incredible weight of 59,0 kg... but it's not due to shakes or dieting ... just due to having sweated like crazy and had a heart beat from hell. Today I feel absolutely smashed and will probably spend the remainder of the day in bed still. I know this sickness deal has fiddled with the weight. but I still must say I like the number on that scale none the less. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Stef

Hi,

Stay at ease, your German wasn't too bad... :D I definitely understood whart you wanted to say ... cute little shifting of words ... but that's adorable, so don't worry!

Stef

Haha, thanks!

Sorry you got so sick! I guess it helps with the weight loss, though.

Ich hoffe dass du und dein Kind sind bald besser!

Edited by perkyblue

Haha, thanks!

Sorry you got so sick! I guess it helps with the weight loss, though.

Ich hoffe dass du und dein Kind sind bald besser!

:p thanks. The kid is already through with all of it ... just a tiny cough left over and I'm feeling a wee bit better myself.

By the way, I love your turtle picture:).

Stef

day 27 precruise

weight this morning: 59,0 kg

lol -- no more loss, but I honestly expected a gain because of liquid refillment....so actually I'm really happy about it.

Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a tomato, a mushroom and some bread chips as afternoon snack and a cheese toast for dinner.

oh -- and a whole bunch of sugary cough drops ... but they were essential to my well-being because of a severe sore throat.

Stef

day 26 precruise

59,2 kg

perfectly fine, since I really was curious as to when that liquid would be restored.

Yesterday I had a roll with Thüringer Mett for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a shake for dinner and a glas of red wine to finish the day.

I have the feeling it's getting easier to eat less. I think day 26 precruise will finally be the day I stick to shakes only ... plus coffee and wine of course;).

:Dlol -- and you probably don't care to know ... but I also have the impression that my fatty rolls around my abdomen are loosening up... not smaller yet, but not as solid ... I'm turning into yello ... Lol -- I guess in this case that's a good thing.

Stef

day 24 precruise

59,0 kg

well, ya it's a gain, but ya can't loose every day... I'm not devastated. It's heading in the right direction in the long run.

Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast, vegetable risotto for lunch ( sigh -- I simply can't cook for ever and not eat myself) two carrots, two tomatoes and a slice of Jambon Serrano as an afternoon snack and a shake for dinner. Lol -- no wine -- I felt bad because of all the already consumed daily snacks.

Oh -- the very first centimeter around my wait is gone with the wind.... I'm a happy camper!

Stef

Edited by Kreuzfahrtneuling
typo

day 23 precruise

58,9 kg

yesterday a shake for breakfast and a shake for dinner. So far so good ...

:olol -- Just that I was out and about at lunchtime with the kid and we stopped by our favorite Italian pizzeria. Yes I had a whole pizza marguerita --- hanging my head in shame. And my beloved red wine in front of the tv in the evening as well. Sigh. Happy I lost a hundred grams anyway.

After a week of shake only --- aehm, which I admit I truly didn't manage, you're supposed to start with light physical activity and one "real" meal a day. I'm in no mood for any sports yet ... there's snow outside and I'm more of the "seasonal " summer sport type, if such a thing exists. So screw that for now. I'll simply continue with two shakes a day and one small meal. Lol -- at least that's the plan... let's see how it turns out.

Stef

day 22 precruise

58,8 kg

Suffering through a low motivation phase right now. Yesterday I wanted food ....Lot's of it... and got grumpy, when I held myself back from the potato chips. Had a shake for breakfast, fish, potatoes and veggies for lunch and again a shake for dinner. Well and two tomatoes and four slices of Jambon Serrano as a snack.

I started with sit ups ... 10 for a start and will add 10 more each day now. Dieting is starting to annoy me!

Stef

day 26 precruise

59,2 kg

perfectly fine, since I really was curious as to when that liquid would be restored.

Yesterday I had a roll with Thüringer Mett for breakfast, a shake for lunch, a shake for dinner and a glas of red wine to finish the day.

I have the feeling it's getting easier to eat less. I think day 26 precruise will finally be the day I stick to shakes only ... plus coffee and wine of course;).

Stef

Yes, coffee and wine are essential! What is Thüringer Mett?

Thüringer Mett? It's something I believe is pretty unique for us Germans. Many will probably be appalled. It's raw ground pork and raw ground beef mixed, spiced up with salt and pepper. Many add onions as topping. You eat it as spread on a roll or on bread. Groce but Yummy:D!

day 21 precruise ------ whoohooo only three more weeks!

58,7 kg

Again a loss of a measly 100 g. Lol -- but when you consider I ate a BigMac and french fries at Mac Donald's yesterday ... that's spectacular! Oh --- a shake for breakfast and no dinner ( felt bad for the burger) rounds it up.

20 situps -- check.

Stef

day 20 precruise

58,6 kg

I'm really not making this up! How odd to loose 100g each day all the time.

Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast, veggie soup for lunch, 4 slices of Jambon Serrano, a tomato and two mushrooms as a snack and a shake for dinner.

30 situps (ouch!) -- check!

Stef

day 19 precruise

58,7 kg :(

Yesterday a roll with cream cheese and Jambon Serrano for breakfast and two gigantic beef burritos for lunch. Still stuffed at dinner, so no dinner.

They were worth it. Too yummy.

No sit ups --- spent hours shoveling horse manure ... so enough exercise for one day:rolleyes:.

Stef

day 17 precruise

refuse to weigh today.

I was so bummed yesterday... I'll give the weight a little time to go back down again. Tomorrow I'll hit the scales again. Yesterday I had a shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch, two carrots, two mushrooms and a tomato as a snack and a slice of bread with cream cheese and Jambon serrano for dinner.

oh, no situps whatsoever ... simply forgot. Will start up again today.

Stef

day 16 precruise

59,0 kg ... and no -- I'm not devastated... because althoug I again gained a bit of weight, I mysterially lost another cm around waist and tummy....:p

so maybe it IS muscle build up... I seriously wouldn't know where from though.... I was being a lazy bum ... no situps, no nothing. Oh well.

Yesterday I had cerial for breakfast, a shake for lunch (lol -- plus 7 left-over canned raviolis the kid didn't finish ---- couldn't stand to throw them away) two mushrooms, two tomatoes, some bread chips and a bit of beef jerky as a snack. For dinner again a shake. No wine. Just water.

God, 2000 grams more to loose in just two weeks time... I really don't know if I'll manage. But I'll keep on trying. That centimeter gone with the wind gives me fresh strength.

Stef

day 14 precruise

58,4 kg :)

I love it when that number gets smaller! A cm around my thies vanished and gone:p. I think I'm getting closer to fitting into that formal dress again:cool:.

Yesterday I had a slice of bread with tomatoes and Le Gruyere cheese. nicely toasted for breakfast. For lunch a shake. For dinner a slice of bread with bruschetta and a slice of salami. Three mushrooms, a slice of Camembert cheese, some bread chips and a tiny strip of beef jerky as a snack ... oh and wine.

30 situps --- I'll just stick to that number ... more is just too annoying.

forgot to mention the situps

day 12 precruise

58,4 still

Friday a shake for breakfast, cabbage stew for lunch and a slice of bread with cream cheese for dinner.

Yesterday a roll with Thüringer Mett for breakfast, a shake for lunch and two slices of bread with liver sausage for dinner. Two bananas as a snack.

three days after another the same number on that scale. Seriously time for it to go down again .... (gulp, hopefully not the other direction)

no situps --- was lazy. Lol -- but yesterday was sauna day... I guess that burns some calories as well in a comfortably unsporty way:D.

Stef

day 11 precruise

57,7 kg!!!!! Whhhohooooooo

Housework rocks! I spent the entire day cleaning and ironing -- and the weight rocketed downwards... I was so starved from all the physical activity I even ate two slices of bread for dinner, but still was able to enjoy this very pleasing experience on the scale this morning.

Oh, for breakfast a roll with cream cheese and for lunch a shake. Oh and quite some wine, while we watched the "English patient" on tv. Boy I cried in the end ... maybe this weight loss is due to loss of tear-fluids only:rolleyes:.

Anyway...

:p I think I`ll spend the day skipping and grinning today -- Not only did the weight drop, but also another cm around my waist vanished :p

Stef