Lowell's at PIKE PLACE

KCfan

If you are cruising NCL you could probably walk to the port, because they dock at pier 66. However, the rest of the lines dock at pier 30, which is a $5 cab ride from most downtown hotels.

There is a tiny Chinese restaurant inside the Market which is a great lunch stop. I forget the name. I just remember that the kitchen is upstairs, with the seating downstairs and it had a great view.

LL

If you are cruising NCL you could probably walk to the port, because they dock at pier 66. However, the rest of the lines dock at pier 30, which is a $5 cab ride from most downtown hotels.

There is a tiny Chinese restaurant inside the Market which is a great lunch stop. I forget the name. I just remember that the kitchen is upstairs, with the seating downstairs and it had a great view.

LL

Hey fellow OKIE!!

We are on Princess, pier 30.

Is the $5 cab per person?

The hotel may have a 'free' shuttle, but not certian about that just yet.

If you are visiting Seattle for the first time I would suggest some of our seafood places. At Pike Place there is Cutters and Etta's which are both very good.

To get to the Market from a dt hotel, the best way is to walk, any of the hotels can give you directions.

Thanks for the info!!

We are staying at a hotel near the space needle. Our plan is to leave the luggage there at the hotel, do some sightseeing then return to the hotel, pick up luggage and take shuttle or cab to pier.

Can this be done in about 4hrs?

Pier 30 is just south of the Seattle Waterfront in the container shipping area. If you did want to walk, it would probably take about 30 minutes at a regular pace?? If it were me, I think I would just catch a taxi.

For the visitors staying by the Seattle Center, an easy and affordable way to get to the Pike Place Market is on our bus system, you can catch a bus to downtown Seattle on Queen Anne Avenue, the #15 or 18 will take you to the Market (just let the driver know you want to get off there). The cost is about $1.50 and you can get a transfer that is good for a couple of hours. To catch the bus back to the Seattle Center there is a stop for the 15 or 18 on the corner of 1st and Pine. ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING IS IF YOU ARE IN TOWN ON A WEEKDAY, DO NOT GET ON AN EXPRESS BUS!!!!!

I don't think the walk is over one mile?? There are buses that you can catch into downtown Seattle on 1st Avenue near Safeco Field, on that side of the street, the fare is $1.25 to $1.50 depending on the time of day you travel. Most of our Seattle bus drivers are very helpful to visitors and should be able to get you in the direction that you need to go. Here is our Metro Transit web site.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Now I really don't know if we're docking at Pier 66 or Pier 30. According to my rollcall board, we're docking at Pier 66. But according to the previous poster, only NCL docks at Pier 66. I'm on Celebrity Mercury, docking 4/24/07.

• 2 weeks later...
I just checked the Port of Seattle website: Celebrity docks at Pier 66.

You can walk to Pike Place Market from Pier 66 or you can take the free waterfront trolley if it's operating.

To our fellow Okie, it was a $5 cab ride from our hotel near Pike Place to Pier 30. That's $5 fare and a $5 tip, becuase the driver graciously helped with our many bags.

LL

Yes, yes, yes, you must eat at Lowell's! The views of Elliott Bay are stunning, the food is great (they are most famous for breakfast!), and the location is perfect to just take so much of what makes Seattle wonderful!

Just thinking of their crab cakes makes me drool...

Yes, yes, yes, you must eat at Lowell's! The views of Elliott Bay are stunning, the food is great (they are most famous for breakfast!), and the location is perfect to just take so much of what makes Seattle wonderful!

Just thinking of their crab cakes makes me drool...

Finally, someone who has actually eaten there.

Thanks so much for your comments!!

We will definately make it a priority.

Linda

Archived