2017 Quest question/concern

miketheExbaker

I am looking at a 2017 Panama trip on Quest from San Diego to Miami. As best as I can tell, the Quest had refurbs in 2012. Do you think the boat will be showing many signs of wear and tear by 2017? I hate a ship that is not crisp and fresh. It would be my first Azamara cruise.

I am looking at a 2017 Panama trip on Quest from San Diego to Miami. As best as I can tell, the Quest had refurbs in 2012. Do you think the boat will be showing many signs of wear and tear by 2017? I hate a ship that is not crisp and fresh. It would be my first Azamara cruise.

Not to worry Mike (the Ex-baker), both ships are going through a thorough dry-dock and renovation very soon.

The Quest's drydock will be Sept 26-Oct 11, 2015 and Journey's will be Jan 13-27, 2016.

If you search the Azamara CC forum with the word 'drydocks', you'll find a handful of threads about the subject. And here's a brief article...

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/news/news-headlines/azamara-plans-significant-drydock-upgrades.html

Hello BBMacLaird,

We know this thread has been set up for another question, but need to contact a person in Azamara. Our rollcall is obviously not being monitored

We are booked on the Quest sailing from Singapore on 21st March 2015.

One of the ports of call is Sri Lanka.

Other members of our rollcall are under the impression that the Quest will be organising visas for all guests.

But our travel agent has disputed this.

Could you please look into this and advise us please.

Obviously we are on quite a tight timetable if we need to sort out our visas.

And if the ship is not doing it then there is also the concern that all the other guest are expecting the Quest to sort out visas, and are wanting to go ashore.

Hoping for a quick response

Bromley

Here's info Re. India - (I'm still looking into Sri Lanka!)

Message 1 regarding your Azamara Quest March 21, 2015 voyage: All guests require a visa for India, as well as three (3) photo copies of their passport. Guests without proper visas will be denied boarding. As a reminder, check in for Azamara Quest will take place at Marina Bay Cruise Center as stated in your cruise documents.

Message 2:

Further information about your Azamara Quest March 21, 2015 voyage: US & Canadian passport holders do not need visa for Oman and Dubai, all other nationalities, please check with your respective embassy. As a reminder, check in for Azamara Quest will take place Marina Bay Cruise Center as stated in your cruise documents.

This just in...

YES - Ship will assist guests required to secure a ETA visa for Sri Lanka.

Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or non-electronic label visa required and will be obtained onboard the ship. No charges will be assessed for stays less than 48 hrs. Any guests planning to disembark and remain in Sri Lanka for more than 48 hours would need to apply for the ETA online in advance.

Here's info Re. India - (I'm still looking into Sri Lanka!)

Message 1 regarding your Azamara Quest March 21, 2015 voyage: All guests require a visa for India, as well as three (3) photo copies of their passport. Guests without proper visas will be denied boarding. As a reminder, check in for Azamara Quest will take place at Marina Bay Cruise Center as stated in your cruise documents.

Message 2:

Further information about your Azamara Quest March 21, 2015 voyage: US & Canadian passport holders do not need visa for Oman and Dubai, all other nationalities, please check with your respective embassy. As a reminder, check in for Azamara Quest will take place Marina Bay Cruise Center as stated in your cruise documents.

Dear Bonnie

I am sure your travel doc. are right. But FYI the Web site still states it to be SCC at Maritime Sq. Just to avoid confusion on the day.

Brgds

Ronnie